LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by delawaredell View Post
    Yes it's with NASA. I'm an engineer and I've found there are not too many engineering jobs in the Delmarva area that are very interesting. Initially I'll be in Dagsboro at a small place my parents and I own, but it's a long commute from there and I'll probably get sick of my parents coming down every few weeks. But it will give me time to explore different places like pocomoke, Salisbury, Berlin, chinco etc before committing to a place to live full time.
    If anyone is part of the "chinco crew" I'd love to talk with you and get connected to that community.
    Oh also, I drive on to assateague from the Maryland side all the time, is the permit the same when you drive on from the Virginia side?
    I imagine most of the people that live down there are with NASA.
    I'd try to find some contacts within NASA to get a hold of.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by chicharronne View Post
    I did refrig repair for a supermarket and did the stores from Cape Charles to Parksley. I could never find access to waves. I was told Assategue(?) was the closest beach break from the south. Need a boat to get to any consistent break. Fisherman's Island is a great place when there's a hurricane. South swell and NE winds brings in long big lefts. I saw a guy catch a wave from the point to under the Chesp bay bridge. there was a boat waiting there and drove him back.
    I have been to a couple of the bird sanctuary islands that are there to surf and only caught the surf good once. But I'm excited to explore more of that area with my skiff.

Yes, I'm trying to talk to some folks at NASA that surf. I'm sure I'll be able to find a few like minded people, but wanted to check it out on here.

Images
    I have been to a couple of the bird sanctuary islands that are there to surf and only caught the surf good once. But I'm excited to explore more of that area with my skiff.

Yes, I'm trying to talk to some folks at NASA that surf. I'm sure I'll be able to find a few like minded people, but wanted to check it out on here.
    Let me know if NASA needs any surf forecast consulting
    Although, I'm sure they have their weather needs taken care of.

Images
    Yes it's with NASA. I'm an engineer and I've found there are not too many engineering jobs in the Delmarva area that are very interesting. Initially I'll be in Dagsboro at a small place my parents and I own, but it's a long commute from there and I'll probably get sick of my parents coming down every few weeks. But it will give me time to explore different places like pocomoke, Salisbury, Berlin, chinco etc before committing to a place to live full time.
    If anyone is part of the "chinco crew" I'd love to talk with you and get connected to that community.
    Oh also, I drive on to assateague from the Maryland side all the time, is the permit the same when you drive on from the Virginia side?
    Might be worth checking out Snow Hill, Maryland. It seems like a cool town that hasn't been taken over by retirees yet, is within an easy commute to Wallops, near decent waves at Assateague OCMD, etc.

It takes a certain person to live here. Be prepared to see way less people in a day. This place is so desolate aside from the high season and weekends it makes you wonder how people live here at all.

I love it, however. And the surf has been epic many a time here.... Not to mention OC is a short drive when the conditions call for the drive.

I always wanted to visit that area when I lived in VA. I only got to drive through, but didn't stop. It seems like a beautiful and quiet part of the East coast, which is something I like. Good luck to you. Engineering positions on the coast are not easy to find.

Images
    I grew up in a very small town, and liked it at the time. I am unsure how I will like it now. I've never been to Snow Hill, I'll have to check that out too.

Last century, I was in a supply house I was talking about getting a boat and giving it a go with the owner who fishes. He says it's extremely sharky around there with the fish processing plants and such. told me you can get a whole fish in your boat.

I own some property down in that area by Wallops but I have never done anything with it. It is really dead down there especially in the winter. I would give it a go for a couple years but be prepared to have an exit strategy. This is not where you want to set up shop for the rest of your life.

Quote Originally Posted by Laird's acting coach View Post
    I own some property down in that area by Wallops but I have never done anything with it. It is really dead down there especially in the winter. I would give it a go for a couple years but be prepared to have an exit strategy. This is not where you want to set up shop for the rest of your life.
    I think getting fresh water will be an issue in the future. In the summer, we go to the ES of Va. to get away from tourons. This year most farms were dried up. from what some farmers told us, there's a moratorium on using ground water for crops since the larger farms have depleted the wells.
    If you ever have time and are on the ES, there's some cool crap on the side roads. If you take you very first right out of the toll there's a butterfly garden. But beyond that, there's an old cannon battery you can explore. there's stairs that you can climb and get a panoramic view of the marsh and ocean. there's tons of critters. there's a boat ramp further down the road if you got a vehicle to access the break at fishermans Island. there's a placard at the battery that said FI was a place they quarantine people before going into port. you sure didn't want to sneeze during that leg of the trip.