LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by UnseenX View Post
    This video should put all those assumptions of the FCS II Fin System being bad, to rest for good!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7kgShbtbw0

that doesn't tell us anything we didn't already know. but i'm disappointed that they won't be doing any of the "essential series" fins in solid glass. those templates look great, but (as i've said who knows how many times now) i'm not stoked on those composite fin lay ups. plain old solid glass is where it's at for me.

Images
    just got this system on a custom lost and they are really solid, now im just waiting for my shop to get some of the fins in.

well, i decided to be a guinea pig. ordered up a new roberts white diamond & went w/ the fcs 2 plugs, figuring i can always just take advantage of the backward compatibility & use my SOAR fins if i don't like what fcs has to offer.

Cool... We need a user report on the fin sys and a ride report on the white diamond, ASAP.

Oh, the sacrifices we make for our SI brothers...

Quote Originally Posted by LBCrew View Post
    Cool... We need a user report on the fin sys and a ride report on the white diamond, ASAP.

Oh, the sacrifices we make for our SI brothers...
    lol...yea, it's a sacrifice, alright...my wife's gonna kill me when she finds out i've ordered another board.

the board prob. won't be here till mid-april or may, so i'll have to dig up this thread again to post a ride report/fcs 2 review. but rest assured, i will do so!

Quote Originally Posted by njsurfer42 View Post
    lol...yea, it's a sacrifice, alright...my wife's gonna kill me when she finds out i've ordered another board.

the board prob. won't be here till mid-april or may, so i'll have to dig up this thread again to post a ride report/fcs 2 review. but rest assured, i will do so!
    Get her a new pair of shoes. Thanks for taking one for the team bro. By the time you get to ride it, I will be ordering a custom shortboard so I am also waiting for your update.

I am making a hplb with a fin box in the center, and I was thinking of FCS sidebites. Would it make a difference if I did glass ons for the sides? I want this board to be able to surf overhead waves. It is 9'2" and 21.5" wide with lots of rocker. So assuming it can handle larger surf, should I go glass in on the sides? Will it go faster and hold speed better on turns and cutbacks?

Quote Originally Posted by sisurfdogg View Post
    I am making a hplb with a fin box in the center, and I was thinking of FCS sidebites. Would it make a difference if I did glass ons for the sides? I want this board to be able to surf overhead waves. It is 9'2" and 21.5" wide with lots of rocker. So assuming it can handle larger surf, should I go glass in on the sides? Will it go faster and hold speed better on turns and cutbacks?
    it'll definitely surf more like a thruster w/ the sidebites, but glassing them on will eliminate any possibility of trying the board as a straight single. if you go w/ a solid glass or rtm pair of removebles, there really shouldn't be any differences in feel vs. glassed on.

Quote Originally Posted by sisurfdogg View Post
    Get her a new pair of shoes. Thanks for taking one for the team bro. By the time you get to ride it, I will be ordering a custom shortboard so I am also waiting for your update.
    this is #3 for the year already it might take more than just a new pair of shoes...even if she is very patient & understanding w/ regards to my habit/obsession. she's just gonna be annoyed that i didn't discuss it w/ her beforehand. we're going to panama for our anniversary...what was i supposed to do? not order a new board(s) for the trip??

Quote Originally Posted by njsurfer42 View Post
    it'll definitely surf more like a thruster w/ the sidebites, but glassing them on will eliminate any possibility of trying the board as a straight single. if you go w/ a solid glass or rtm pair of removebles, there really shouldn't be any differences in feel vs. glassed on.
    Good advice! Thanks!