Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Images
    just got this system on a custom lost and they are really solid, now im just waiting for my shop to get some of the fins in.

well, i decided to be a guinea pig. ordered up a new roberts white diamond & went w/ the fcs 2 plugs, figuring i can always just take advantage of the backward compatibility & use my SOAR fins if i don't like what fcs has to offer.

Cool... We need a user report on the fin sys and a ride report on the white diamond, ASAP.

Oh, the sacrifices we make for our SI brothers...

Quote Originally Posted by LBCrew View Post
    Cool... We need a user report on the fin sys and a ride report on the white diamond, ASAP.

Oh, the sacrifices we make for our SI brothers...
    lol...yea, it's a sacrifice, alright...my wife's gonna kill me when she finds out i've ordered another board.

the board prob. won't be here till mid-april or may, so i'll have to dig up this thread again to post a ride report/fcs 2 review. but rest assured, i will do so!

Quote Originally Posted by njsurfer42 View Post
    lol...yea, it's a sacrifice, alright...my wife's gonna kill me when she finds out i've ordered another board.

the board prob. won't be here till mid-april or may, so i'll have to dig up this thread again to post a ride report/fcs 2 review. but rest assured, i will do so!
    Get her a new pair of shoes. Thanks for taking one for the team bro. By the time you get to ride it, I will be ordering a custom shortboard so I am also waiting for your update.

I am making a hplb with a fin box in the center, and I was thinking of FCS sidebites. Would it make a difference if I did glass ons for the sides? I want this board to be able to surf overhead waves. It is 9'2" and 21.5" wide with lots of rocker. So assuming it can handle larger surf, should I go glass in on the sides? Will it go faster and hold speed better on turns and cutbacks?

Quote Originally Posted by sisurfdogg View Post
    I am making a hplb with a fin box in the center, and I was thinking of FCS sidebites. Would it make a difference if I did glass ons for the sides? I want this board to be able to surf overhead waves. It is 9'2" and 21.5" wide with lots of rocker. So assuming it can handle larger surf, should I go glass in on the sides? Will it go faster and hold speed better on turns and cutbacks?
    it'll definitely surf more like a thruster w/ the sidebites, but glassing them on will eliminate any possibility of trying the board as a straight single. if you go w/ a solid glass or rtm pair of removebles, there really shouldn't be any differences in feel vs. glassed on.

Quote Originally Posted by sisurfdogg View Post
    Get her a new pair of shoes. Thanks for taking one for the team bro. By the time you get to ride it, I will be ordering a custom shortboard so I am also waiting for your update.
    this is #3 for the year already it might take more than just a new pair of shoes...even if she is very patient & understanding w/ regards to my habit/obsession. she's just gonna be annoyed that i didn't discuss it w/ her beforehand. we're going to panama for our anniversary...what was i supposed to do? not order a new board(s) for the trip??

it'll definitely surf more like a thruster w/ the sidebites, but glassing them on will eliminate any possibility of trying the board as a straight single. if you go w/ a solid glass or rtm pair of removebles, there really shouldn't be any differences in feel vs. glassed on.
    Good advice! Thanks!

well, i decided to be a guinea pig. ordered up a new roberts white diamond & went w/ the fcs 2 plugs, figuring i can always just take advantage of the backward compatibility & use my SOAR fins if i don't like what fcs has to offer.
    Good call man. You won't have to worry about losing a fin screw in rural Panama anymore, that's for sure.

Disfruta ...