LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Why this forum is worthless...

I think y'all take the whole "don't tell the spot" thing a little too seriously. If your going to get waves your going to get waves. Encourage surfing any where, any time. Break down the barriers. Surfing is not a cult, its just regular people. I read so much hostility on the internet about telling spots but I don't know why its a freakin' beach. People don't get mad in public when others have open conversations about breaks. If someone is on the internet seeking out surf information, why not tell them the spot. If you are really afraid that is the reason your not getting waves your doing it wrong. Directed at none of you fine folks just putting some thoughts into writing. Remember we don't hold the answers, you are not the guardian of surfing, it came long before you and will go on long after, you are accomplishing nothing. If people actually talked about specific spots this site would be worthwhile.

Word fortress

Quote Originally Posted by Ned Shredly View Post
    Word fortress
    Lots of that on here today.

I kinda thought the same thing plenty of tude and agros. However, if you look at my post about High Island spots the locals were happy to help. Don't know if it's because there isn't a lot of us in the area or we just have a different mind set. Maybe bigger beaches? Not sure. As long as you don't act like a kook everyone is welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by bubonicphoniks View Post
    I think y'all take the whole "don't tell the spot" thing a little too seriously. If your going to get waves your going to get waves. Encourage surfing any where, any time. Break down the barriers. Surfing is not a cult, its just regular people. I read so much hostility on the internet about telling spots but I don't know why its a freakin' beach. People don't get mad in public when others have open conversations about breaks. If someone is on the internet seeking out surf information, why not tell them the spot. If you are really afraid that is the reason your not getting waves your doing it wrong. Directed at none of you fine folks just putting some thoughts into writing. Remember we don't hold the answers, you are not the guardian of surfing, it came long before you and will go on long after, you are accomplishing nothing. If people actually talked about specific spots this site would be worthwhile.
    I surf IOP at 25th street. Sometimes I hit 28th street. No one cares and I like it that way.

1st St. jetty. keep quiet tho, it's a secret.

Well honestly if is this forum was worthless we wouldn't be here, no? So personally I think this thread is worthless nuff said

If this thread was worthless you wouldn't respond, nuff said. Everyone else, y'all bring smiles to my face. Care to explain "word fortress"?

lmao bravo buddy.i agree but im sure a lot of us dont want a 20+ crowd to showup to your break like the lowers raid..which would be pretty cool if u ask me.almost everyone drives to the surf spot.its very rare u get to look out your back window and surf perfect waves like jj florence.here on the eastcoast we travel far,and most of the time u end up surfin a new spot because your spot was flat,and the locals are nice.

Let's talk spots in the future people, people are going to surf or not surf reguardless.