LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bubonicphoniks View Post
    I think y'all take the whole "don't tell the spot" thing a little too seriously. If your going to get waves your going to get waves. Encourage surfing any where, any time. Break down the barriers. Surfing is not a cult, its just regular people. I read so much hostility on the internet about telling spots but I don't know why its a freakin' beach. People don't get mad in public when others have open conversations about breaks. If someone is on the internet seeking out surf information, why not tell them the spot. If you are really afraid that is the reason your not getting waves your doing it wrong. Directed at none of you fine folks just putting some thoughts into writing. Remember we don't hold the answers, you are not the guardian of surfing, it came long before you and will go on long after, you are accomplishing nothing. If people actually talked about specific spots this site would be worthwhile.
    awwwh, can't find any waves on your own? now you want the internets to help you? sorry, 'your doing it wrong'

Quote Originally Posted by MFitz73 View Post
    for the record... I don't think that this thread was intended as a legit topic. I think it was sort of like, hey what can I post that will get everyone fired up and posting about.... while I sit waaaaaaaay outside and pick off the best waves on my log. lol.
    Funny. Maybe on some days, I actually use a soft top for that.

For the record manisses my "home break" in normandy is not really practical for surfing right now. I regularly surf anywhere that looks good from AC to anywhere in monmouth county. I wont bore you with details unless you really have a legitimate question.

How we can improve discussions on this site would be better.
    Why do you feel the need that we need to improve the discussions? If you don't like a thread, you don't have to read it or respond to it. What have you done to improve the quality of this forum? I can assure you that "Why this forum is worthless..." is not going to help anything.

Pardon my word choice. Looking back it was not the best. How we can improve discussions on this site would be better.
    What would Wardo?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by super fish View Post
    I surf 1st street only, the best breaking spot in VB where only locals go, and I SWEAR if one of you turds comes down there I will paddle circles around you and piss at the same time trapping you in a wall of my urine!
    hahahahaha dirty ole first street... I agree Bub. At least for the EC, there might not be any secret spots left. just ones people might have a hard time getting to if they weren't determined. I can't speak for California, but when I surfed in WA state this summer, the locals were more than welcome to tell me where and when to go. It all depends on the population of the surfers when it comes down to it. who cares if you're a local or not. if you can surf (to a certain skill level appropriate to the wave, surroundings, etc...) who cares?
    Last edited by 757surfer; Jan 16, 2013 at 03:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dlrouen View Post
    Why do you feel the need that we need to improve the discussions? If you don't like a thread, you don't have to read it or respond to it. What have you done to improve the quality of this forum? I can assure you that "Why this forum is worthless..." is not going to help anything.

Its an open forum and I felt i had a valid point and could contribute and thoughtful discussion. Im not going to answer your first question. Ill give you a quote a wise man who i have spent time with told me. "We can always do better"

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by zaGaffer View Post
    What would Wardo?
    What would Wardo do? he would first be drunk as ****, screw your chick while you were surfing, go for a sesh and in the process thrash and burn everyone in the lineup at least once, paddle back in, screw your chick again while you were still out and then continue drinking and if anyone wanted to fight him, he would take them on. After he would then proceed to party on. God damn he is a crazy mother but like they said in War(d) stories, you either love him or hate him

Quote Originally Posted by zach619 View Post
    people get pissed because sand bars come and go... There are no Secrets on the east either, but some seasons, spots get great while others lie dormant, so I think a lot of locals back around here get pissed when people "blow a spot up", meaning, coming onto the forum and talking about exactly where the sand bar has been firing a few days before a good swell, and then the place they had between them and a couple friends turns into 12-15 heads.... Its no "secrets" really, its just guys getting pissed when their backyards get full because of forum talk....
    Exactly^^^

Quote Originally Posted by scotty View Post
    Exactly^^^
    This guy said it better

Images
    The forum takes on almost a culture of its own, based on the past history of who talks about what.
    Its almost impossible for even the owner to mold it however, he/she wants.
    So, I say, bring on some good conversation and be the catalyst for some interesting topics. I'm not sure that happened in this thread.