LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    I think the reason why people dont talk about secret spots is because they understand what the sport of surfing will do to that area. Yes it can bring in revenue but it also brings crowds not just in the line up but in that area alone. Some people want the Country to stay Country thats all.

Quote Originally Posted by Manisses View Post
    What, you didn't like the six minute office tour? If you watch long enough, she admits to BubonicPhoniks that she's a Sebastian Inlet local who sometimes surfs Jacksonville pier.

And Mfitz makes the very Obvious point.
    Your not funny. People are going to surf your spot and your worried about it being over a picture or a description on an internet forum then haha. You should want to surf with people. You sbould want to surf with people better than you. Why pour flame on the fire? Because those who really push the envelope want to see tbe biggest flame possible.!

I actually missed posting on here for two years. Not a lot of Southern Cal people on here, but I know the spots anyway. Anywhere from Venice down to Seal Beach, and into Newport. And some of the spots near San Diego where I lived when I first moved out here. I love this forum, but I could do without so much political talk haha!

I surf 1st street only, the best breaking spot in VB where only locals go, and I SWEAR if one of you turds comes down there I will paddle circles around you and piss at the same time trapping you in a wall of my urine!
    ^ Awesome!
    I'll spill the beans on anywhere in the world I have been unless I promised to someone I wouldn't...but it's different closer to home...Hmm....how to put it? People I want to surf with...family...friends...not you. If you're there and we share waves...cool. Its east coast not Hawaii...I'm not one to fight over knee high waves...but also not one to tell everyone to show up where I am surfing either...

Quote Originally Posted by bubonicphoniks View Post
    Your not funny. People are going to surf your spot and your worried about it being over a picture or a description on an internet forum then haha. You should want to surf with people. You sbould want to surf with people better than you. Why pour flame on the fire? Because those who really push the envelope want to see tbe biggest flame possible.!
    Google 'image' your local break. Go ahead. Navigate to a new tab and google that sh!t. Google 1st Street Virgina Beach images.

That's why nobody is blabbing about their spot. And bro, everyone in my local lineup is my buddy. Unless they aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by bubonicphoniks View Post
    I remember last March, little after I'd just gotten back in the water post knee surgery, I was in Hansen's to get some reefs. some chick was tearin into the poor kid behind the counter because he wouldn't rent her a board. "we're not renting any boards today ma'am." "But I came to California to learn how to surf and it's been raining all week and this is the last day of my vacation!" "I'm sorry I can't rent you a board." "I'm going to learn to surf today, you have to rent me a board!" and more of that kind of nonsense.

I figure she was about two steps from throwing herself on the ground and screaming and since waiting in line is right up there with watchin paint dry, I turned to her and her skinny, silent boyfriend and said, "nobody's surfing today. Nobody's out there. It's not even waves, it's solid walls of white water, 10' tall, in polluted toxic soup. I can't surf so hot right now, but if I could, I wouldn't paddle out (lie). This kid's doin you favor."

That shut her up just long enough for the kid to grab at my reefs like a life preserver and start ringin them up. Got me out of there. She asked the kid "what am I going to do then, I have to go back to Chicago tomorrow?" last I heard was him sayin, "you could try another surf shop." "i already tried another surf shop!" LOL

That's a surf "destination" for you. My home break, it's anywhere I don't have to drive. Parkings a beach. Still crowds are better than some places.

Man, trying to catch a primo wave OH+ with a 100 other guys; half of whom are pros, whole 'nother ball game. Throw in a couple of super hot Roxy girls, also pros, just to spice things up and keep your attention wandering. add a couple of groms who've surfed since they were 3 and think the laws of gravity don't apply. And a coral reef. It's fun, but not everyone can hack it.

Those pics of Jersey barrels sure do look nice some days. Lineups look pretty empty. Comparatively. Be careful what you wish for. I hear there are surf tours of Ireland now.

Wonder where they got that idea?

Images

horse of a different l'atitiude.....

Quote Originally Posted by surfordie View Post
    I actually missed posting on here for two years. Not a lot of Southern Cal people on here, but I know the spots anyway. Anywhere from Venice down to Seal Beach, and into Newport. And some of the spots near San Diego where I lived when I first moved out here. I love this forum, but I could do without so much political talk haha!

yeah man, i've never been on right coast, but there is definitely a different vibe from out here on the left coast. maybe it is because there are so many spots here in any 50 mile stretch it does get crowded here, but apparently not like it does there....and hell, all the spots out here have been named in beach boys songs anyway...

Actually, opposite. There are hardly any proper crowds here, just as there hardly any 'proper' waves here as well. The attitudes are much easier than what I've experienced in the rock stat state of CA. Further south it's what I like to call 'rednecks with fins' type of crowd, which is better than all the ****s in CA line up, just about anywhere south of Bay Bridge. It's easy to spread out many places around here that lack reefs or points (like where I live) because it breaks all the time everywhere. Winters are quiet, cold temps keep every surfing wannabe out. There are hardly any 'secret' spots. If you can drive to it and it doesn't include scaling cliffs, it's not a secret.
    I don't care how many people show up at the bar I usually do, most time I recognize many. You can always more little further (and it will come to you) or just employ an internal clock of justice, like I do. When it's time, it's time, and I am paddling in regardless of how many are going for it. But for the most part it's all good.

Images
    Not giving up the spots I frequent that are relatively uncrowded.

Images
    Writing on a forum that is "useless" is hypocrisy at its best.

Although, It doesn't sound like that is what you really meant, and I think we get the point of your argument. Surfing is for everyone, don't be a douche and think you own your spot.

I have said this before, if you think of waves as limited valuable resources, like water or oil, then some logic can be made. So, in some places there is high demand and low supply of good waves, so I think it is logical that this drives competitiveness for the resources. This doesn't mean some people still aren't douches for claiming territory that isn't theirs, but it does seem more understandable why the behavior exists.