LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

California is suffering

And we'll say a little prayer for San Diego while trying to find waist high in 41 degree water with ambient at freezing.

http://youtu.be/_6t-EjrtD3U
    Last edited by Tuono; Jan 16, 2013 at 01:08 PM.

haha that is funny,i don't even consider anything above 32 degrees cold

Lovin it, HO is warmer than the air. 3/2 & a squid lid, booties for any sesh longer than 2 hours and empty line-ups. Gonna get back to our normal 70 temps today. It was 42 when I left the coast this mornin, 35 yesterday.

Images
    Ha Ha that's friggin awesome! I was at the beach checking the surf this morning at 8am in 40 degree drizzle wearing a tea shirt.

....I love it there when it rains. People drive 10 mph on the freeways.
    The horror...

Images
    Hahah people are the same way in Charleston, SC. Once it gets below 50 the huge jackets, beanies and scarves come out. I was surprised when we went to SoCal before Christmas it was actually pretty cold in the mornings. We got pretty crazy weather as far as their standards go. It rained hard 4 days our of 10 and was in the upper 30's a few mornings.

Respects to yall in the north east. The coldest water temp i have ever experienced is the mid 40's and that was COLD in a 4/3 hooded with 5mm gloves and booties. I think anything colder than that with air temps lower than 30 would be pretty terrible unless the waves were perfect.

Images
    omg i've dawn patrolled every day this week. i know the water is around 55F... but when the air temp is 35-38F, that is cold, no matter who you are or where you're from. it's probably important to note that most houses/apartments are not modern here and the only built-in climate control we have is a lousy ceiling fan. so it's more or less the same temperature inside as it is outside. i haven't felt room temperature in weeks (feels like months) save a few trips to rite-aid or fresh & easy.

i would consider anything under 32F extremely cold or arctic, but for me, 35F air temp when my thickest suit is 3/2 is not too fun... all for 1-3' waves... and sd is SUPPOSED to be the winter magnet of southern california... blah. can't wait for summer.

Your a Sally

Quote Originally Posted by steamfed View Post
    omg i've dawn patrolled every day this week. i know the water is around 55F... but when the air temp is 35-38F, that is cold, no matter who you are or where you're from. it's probably important to note that most houses/apartments are not modern here and the only built-in climate control we have is a lousy ceiling fan. so it's more or less the same temperature inside as it is outside. i haven't felt room temperature in weeks (feels like months) save a few trips to rite-aid or fresh & easy.

i would consider anything under 32F extremely cold or arctic, but for me, 35F air temp when my thickest suit is 3/2 is not too fun... all for 1-3' waves... and sd is SUPPOSED to be the winter magnet of southern california... blah. can't wait for summer.

HA! Just got done running 5 miles and I'm schweatin balls. Gotta be 75 out there. Bye-bye cold weather. Not gonna need the squid lid.

I'm going surfing.

Forecast.JPG

That is how you know you're spoiled... 38F air and 55F water is not cold to everyone. Thats a beautiful spring morning around here

Quote Originally Posted by steamfed View Post