LOGIN | REGISTER

Thread: Bahamas

Bahamas

The lady and I are booked for a few nights of excessive drinking, shagging, and gambling at Atlantis in the Bahamas - Mid Feb. Wondering if any SI members are locals and wouldn't mind grabbing a few waves if there is a swell. Happily buy a few rounds after, and I never drop in.

Images
    The chances of good surf is somewhat small but when I was there last year the surf was over head and breaking way outside in front of Atlantis. Im not sure where I heard this but someone paddled out a few years ago on a ridable day and the lifeguards at Atlantis freaked out and dragged them back in. I guess they are not accustomed to surfers being out there. We took a private boat tour that day and saw some really good waves away from the main beach with no one surfing (not even me).
    Last edited by Zippy; Jan 17, 2013 at 12:13 AM.

Images
    Haven't officially announced yet, but look at the surf forecast menus under Caribbean and you'll see forecast for the Bahamas.

Save surfing for the mainland & enjoy your trip. Make sure to pack your dark shades & don't forget to send me case of Kalik Gold & a rueben from Murray's Deli.

I tried to get some waves at that spot in front of Atlantis, and lifeguards on jetskis chased me back in. So I walked off the property to another beach and then some other lifeguards came and called me in there, too. So if you want to surf the Bahamas, you'd better find a way completely out of the area of the resort, or find a boat to take you to another island (where the waves are better anyway).

Images
    LBCrew, I knew I read that story somewhere, probably on my own post last year, lol.

So, it's safe to call the resort AtLAMEASS?

sounds like you are better off going to Disney and hitting Typhoon Lagoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Swellinfo View Post
    Haven't officially announced yet, but look at the surf forecast menus under Caribbean and you'll see forecast for the Bahamas.
    Sweet action!

Not much of a gambler. I'm going to travel with the board anyway, and hope it pays some dividends. Also, love a good reuben. Thanks for the heads up.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by aka pumpmaster View Post
    sounds like you are better off going to Disney and hitting Typhoon Lagoon.
    What about Blizzard Beach?