LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Lotta ocean in between. 12' at 21s mean anything to y'all?

Station 51101

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cackedinri View Post
    ehhhh. don't get me wrong those guys are the best and ballsiest dudes out but paddling mavs and jaws is like climbing everest: death is probable and justified. (i still watch that sh!t, just saying)
    Absolutely, surprising to me that it doesn't happen more frequently. Just amazes me, anything over six feet feels intense for me, then I see these guys on bombs that I couldn't even imagine.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by zaGaffer View Post
    Lotta ocean in between. 12' at 21s mean anything to y'all?

Station 51101
    No. we don't get that on the east coast haha. I wish i had a ticket to San Fran this week. 10-12+ for most of the week. score some biggies for us gaff

Quote Originally Posted by 757surfer View Post
    No. we don't get that on the east coast haha. I wish i had a ticket to San Fran this week. 10-12+ for most of the week. score some biggies for us gaff
    Man, I'm looking at 3-4 footers down here, but I'll take what I can get. Butter than the flat we got this week. The angle on this swell isn't gonna be too hot for SD, specially NoCO. Might be a spot or two.

Images
    Man, I'm looking at 3-4 footers down here, but I'll take what I can get. Butter than the flat we got this week. The angle on this swell isn't gonna be too hot for SD, specially NoCO. Might be a spot or two.
    o i was looking at surfline's forecast for that. they always hype the swell up. still. 6-10ft with that long of a period is gonna see some juice behind those waves. the lulls will be super long though

i retract my previous statement as being egregiously untrue and patently false. weird strange stuff, completely flat motionless sea, for 10-20 minutes; and then a little bump, then a bigger little bump. Then a mushy 2-3 set, and then a 3-5 and then ( !

then completely flat again for 10-20 minutes.

Like clockwork. No machine will ever be able to replicate it, the rhythm was the pulse of the living ocean.

Yesterday was the most amazing 2-3'; 3-4' longboarding I've done in many years. Amazing swell, wish I'd gotten to watch some of the Mav's contest, but watchya gonna do?

Many waves to ya

Pretty cool that Mel and the guys in the final heat shared the $50,000, no matter who wins. Takes the pressure off and allows them to surf freely. Good stuff

Images
    i retract my previous statement as being egregiously untrue and patently false. weird strange stuff, completely flat motionless sea, for 10-20 minutes; and then a little bump, then a bigger little bump. Then a mushy 2-3 set, and then a 3-5 and then ( !

then completely flat again for 10-20 minutes.

Like clockwork. No machine will ever be able to replicate it, the rhythm was the pulse of the living ocean.

Yesterday was the most amazing 2-3'; 3-4' longboarding I've done in many years. Amazing swell, wish I'd gotten to watch some of the Mav's contest, but watchya gonna do?

Many waves to ya
    ahahahaha that was priceless! what movie is that from gaff??

Quote Originally Posted by 757surfer View Post
    ahahahaha that was priceless! what movie is that from gaff??
    UHF, starring Weird Al Yankovic

"Turtles are nature's suction cups."

Images
    I love how the website took a dump 30 minutes before the contest started and they directed you to sh*tline which, surprise surprise, didn't work either. I patiently tried to deal with it for a few hours before giving up. Someone’s in trouble and the sponsors must be pissed. That can't help the funding for next year.