LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: OMG what gives?

Quote Originally Posted by marksharky View Post
    This is absolutely the worst forecast ever 2 days of knee to waist high waves in a month.. Get me outta here!
    I was about to post the same thing!

Quote Originally Posted by swell5 View Post
    january is always terrible.. people should know this if you've been surfing for any period of time...
    Winter has its doldrums just like summer. Around here it is strong NW winds. I keep expectations (therefore disapointments) low during both. Come on springtime

the way 2012 wrapped up, with so much swell and so much energy, i felt like a flat spell such as this was almost guaranteed. cause and effect type of deal

been very different since the hurricane.... its all different.

It's different. Things are in constant flux.
    That being said, I don't remember Jan being a great month at all. Winter is all or nothing often and more so not.
    No surprise there. Let's try not to be surprised when it's pretty flat in July either. EC living, baby. It's called 'travel'.

Images
    I don't care what anybody says January is always the worst month of the year followed by July. Of course there have been years that buck that trend but all in all its sh*t.

Yeah, everyone here calling Surf5 a kook has no idea what they are talking about. January is hands down the worst month every year. Canadian highs dip into the middle to eastern half of the US and set up and it blows from the NW at 30mph bar the occasional wobble in the jet stream. Even July has bermuda high swells. Yeah it sucks, but it will get better, February / March leave good chances for those big North Atlantic lows to stall and drift SW.

Images
    Skeglegs I swear I have been dreaming of El Salvador for the last month. I have watched every video on Vimeo and youtube about the east. There is a video out there that shows all the ladies from the kitchen, the young guy that was there during the day keeping the grounds and our boat driver. What was his name, Eduardo? Anyhow I miss that place especially now.
    Last edited by Zippy; Jan 26, 2013 at 10:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SkegLegs View Post
    Yeah, everyone here calling Surf5 a kook has no idea what they are talking about. January is hands down the worst month every year. Canadian highs dip into the middle to eastern half of the US and set up and it blows from the NW at 30mph bar the occasional wobble in the jet stream. Even July has bermuda high swells. Yeah it sucks, but it will get better, February / March leave good chances for those big North Atlantic lows to stall and drift SW.
    thank u... someone knowledgeable

Next Thursday shaping up for Jersey... one more cold session before a 2 week stint in PR