LOGIN | REGISTER

Wetsuit with Attached Gloves and Booties

Has anyone ever heard of a wetsuit that has attached gloves and booties?

Diving suits sometimes. Survival suits always. Surfing wetsuits? Nah....

dude that would be insanely difficult to put on

only a crazy person would create such a thing... at least for what we use wetsuits for.

Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkSurfing View Post
    Has anyone ever heard of a wetsuit that has attached gloves and booties?
    I think at some point we've all been sitting in cold water (some colder than others) and thought wouldn't it be nice to be a little warmer? So I see where your coming from with this. The biggest problem with this is, when water gets into your wetsuit, it has to get out. I don't buy back zips anymore. I've had the zippers fail on me in solid surf while duck diving, several times over the years. When your suit suddenly fills up with a couple of gallons of cold water, it's no fun and potentially very dangerous. An extra 3 gallons of water is, what 7# a gallon if I recall, so 20 pounds? That's no joke, it starts dragging you down quick. At that point, you just want it to flush. If your suit is a closed system, with no way for the water to exit, you're going to have a problem. Overcome that major design barrier and I bet you could get this to work. Luckily I will never need one, but I'm not your potential market. Good luck. Time to go surf.

Not to mention gloves and boots wear out faster than most wetsuits do. A leaky glove in a 1 piece unit would render it useless, or you could cut it off and wind up where we started.

drylock gloved keep the water out. my mits are drylock and the only liquid in there is the sweat from my hands...

if your suit fills with water you arent going to sink.... water isn't any heavier than the other water around it.

Quote Originally Posted by dudeman View Post
    if your suit fills with water you arent going to sink.... water isn't any heavier than the other water around it.
    if you through a bag of water into water it won't sink???