LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Images
    So, RI is a tricky area to forecast with all the nooks and grooves, and to make a forecast for the entire region is a little tricky. We could do individual spot forecasts, but really don't like to go that approach.
    But, I was interested, and checked out the Surfline forecast for today. It says 4-5ft, occ 6, which is bigger then the Swellinfo forecast.

It is a very steep SSW swell. Which means the most exposed southern exposures will see the swell, while the more hidden areas blocked by headlands will not. So, maybe just try to learn which areas do and do not pick up the SSW/SW wind swells.
    Last edited by Swellinfo; Jan 20, 2013 at 10:49 PM.

Images
    Also, we have a forecast for more east aligned beaches, in case you didn't know:
    http://www.swellinfo.com/surf-foreca...-island-e.html

Quote Originally Posted by jml7140 View Post
    I think it would b great if meatloaf went back to surfline. All he does is b$@*# about free forecasts (which r invaluable if u use them along with knowledge of particular spots)and lowball people on boards. Have fun on surfline
    Came with a question, low ball people on boards? sure **** face it doesnt make any sense not to when all they are going to do i counter with close tot he lowest they'll go. learn to negotiate **** weed. and as far as surfline goes i wondering if anyone has used the newest.

Images
    Idk man I just got in and went to the forecast to use the spot on function, forecast was pretty good for where I was today...checked 3 spots on the way that were sloppy as ****e, spot I ended up at was in the 'gansett area but pretty much east facing, and the forecast was pretty much dead on, if anything under by a foot. Sorry if that was ridden w/ run on sentences, cant concentrate where I am.

To get back to the original question... yea, I've used Surfline Premium... did it for a year, then got rid of it. Maybe it's an East Coast/West Coast thing, I don't know, but it wasn't any more reliable or accurate that SI, or just the free portion of the site that forecasts a day out.

Not worth it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by unwideajf View Post
    Josep guardiola the reason give up the premiership is actually put together taking bayern Munich
    The latest football is big news flash josep guardiola signing bayern Munich, nonetheless people wondering the reason why he to be able to the fall in love already quite a while regarding Several weeks and Luton metropolis, the particular fa plus made the impaired vision to your 150th birthday from the daqing well done in his reward, in addition to foresee the long run inside the manager's identification towards premiership, bayern declared and hubby brought in a legal contract, this kind of words along with actions inverted the belly. Melons handsome signing bayern total annual wage higher than a lunatic, however he is not the exact same particular person in addition transcend the particular madman, think about selecting melon Wholesale Nike Air Max rewarding? Jose mourinho as soon as for the best important individual.
    Rage while in the fa big event time period likewise mentioned a premier category for being hesitant to depart, and also to Chelsea's thoughts, whilst he said not to ever feel dissapointed about to be able to serie some sort of and new york liga, but which know that from the day's both the key category, he's not content. The a lot of take pleasure in hockey consistantly improves most recognized category, and there is Friend Alex ferguson along with arsene wenger this major mentors aggressive, several an enjoyable experience, it can be in order to are members of jose mourinho, this most memorable day of link fans hasn't been capable of ignore their superb and shifted.
    Maybe it is that is why that lead to josep guardiola no matter Roman abramovich's run after, opt for the distant relative strain seriously isn't big, and there is a prolonged good bayern Munich. In the event that came to this premiership, exterior notting possess will be Several weeks and Liverpool town, Several weeks fans brain rage posture cannot transcend, melon fine for you to as a substitute it is sometimes complicated to help. Josep guardiola with Spain's capital experience stress large, wish to have Mister Alex in addition to teacher, in the face of the very center actually gets to with the crew's drum number, the daring so that you can hasten seeing that little bo, o, hence from this option likewise discovered josep guardiola coronary heart weak.
    In case your dog chose the a couple teams, jose mourinho could possibly be next summertime came to the actual premiership, subsequently three major employer within Great britain, wish to won a team title is extremely difficult, hence josep guardiola selection for his own apparent is correct. When you need to face the process with too terrific pressure, the options while in the group concept are usually simple and easy to bayern Munich is great, Dortmund possibly make it possible for bayern experience stress, nonetheless to date at a distance he or she appeared to be all, foundation, as well as freely giving several typical phrases, borussia Dortmund's great trend may diminish, next while in the bundesliga in 2 days and nights so that you can press a lot more in comparison to the Speaking spanish The capital very simple, a minimum of quite a bit less serious The city as well as rage in which enemy attack.
    Josep guardiola to bayern have to face may be the winners league opponents, before the achievements The capital, along with save the day concept for decades, josep guardiola can be placing wide range of efforts, but it's as a consequence of they to The capital junior system comprehension, gets the group have all aspects of support relevant, arrived at bayern Munich, for starters don't know this kind of group, while wish to you need to raul when educating colleagues, that is not sure the initial secret of achievement.
    Many enthusiasts will discuss platini wish to help because very hot like Spain's capital to help josep guardiola bayern, should the champions nfl to your superior indicator, subsequently bayern for the remaining get once more likelihood is an important photo, but when we've got to, should be out of his / her hands in order to Barcelona, re-decorating fairly drama area, michel platini in order to Barcelona messi love will not likely limited time started squash handsome bayern section, thus bayern won this winners little league additionally glenohumeral joint major responsibilities.
    In the event that Several weeks instructor josep guardiola, if perhaps some day industry by storm the particular Barcelona in case win words and phrases won't be praise, since until the fury in addition to guus hiddink and di matteo possess directed Chelsea beat The capital or help make competition taste unhealthy, therefore for that josep guardiola speaking, head bayern overcome Spain's capital is very much a lot more achieved, as well as a higher salary along with the track record, all conform along with josep guardiola considering and luxurious functional.
    Inspite of Birmingham location ABU dhabi will not say, he was quoted saying abramovich inside gorgeous football's favour, as well as baseball from cope as well as no offer proceed, the fact is, quite often will probably move the heart, at the beginning of jose mourinho, as soon as the bo, to, and training a person, including carlo ancelotti as well as scola, all arrived at keep your connection, josep guardiola on this occasion neglected possibilities, the drive and bridge and also proprietor Roman abramovich can never satisfy the. Regardless of whether the ideal truly stumbled on the particular premiership, possibly Manchester united and Menu will be his / her option, except for wrapped up the particular josep guardiola discussing, Man utd along with Toolbox soccer team dared enable your ex to accomplish the exam? Has to be can't say to, hence josep guardiola this particular pass up is the most reasonably competitive category problems.
    Josep guardiola and also bayern authorized a new three-year deal, income tax pay as much as Seventeen-year-old zillion euros, beyond the genuine Madrid mentor jose mourinho's 17.Three , 000, 000 euros, income above as well, regarding Spain's capital for you to acquire the award inside wonderful success, but in addition create the entire world learn how this individual regarding bayern gained floor far more trophies, pressure to succeed can be really exist. Bayern acquired in addition directed through the lots of superior, jurgen klinsmann, Louis suv gaal and so forth title good looking currently have within this with no leave, josep guardiola may odds of success won't over half, although currently is often a item of superior audio. Become worth just what exactly have is josep guardiola can be bayern background the primary The spanish language international director, so the face to test everything is an unfamiliar.
    Footie players don't surf, they grab each others asses.

The only thing remotely worth paying for on Surfline is unlimited access to cameras, maybe some of their travel deals...

Both websites are valuable resources, but they aren't 100% all the time. Depending on where you are located will depend on how accurate the report is. Luckily here in FL the forecasts are generally on point on both websites. Swellinfo is my go-to report, because it's free, easy, and generally accurate, however, I also pay for the premium membership on Surfline, mainly for the HD Cams, but especially for major swell events which they tend to be more accurate on.

If you know how to combine the best of both sites, you should do ok. But like Micah says, if you live in RI, you really need to know your spots as it's not so cut and dry in that area. Weather is a fickle beast, you can't 100% predict that sh*t, it's like trying to figure out when the economy is going to be good again. Just hang in there, it's part of the game that is surfing. If everybody knew exactly when the waves would be good then it would always be crowded, and never not. Many times i've taken a gamble on a report that was less than promising because I had a hunch that it was being underforecasted and was rewarded with chest - head and clean conditions. Just don't take every report at face value, do your homework my friend, it'll serve you well.

[QUOTE=Just don't take every report at face value, do your homework my friend, it'll serve you well.[/QUOTE]

I find the reports to really only be half the battle... focusing on a few spots and figuring them out helps just as much as any report does. For instance, I live in a town where the sanbars often shift/get ruined/build up, so I'm always hitting random spots to see how the bars are reacting with swells. It seems like after every winter on the east coast the bars change, somewhat, so actually going out to see what's working seems to make this part - the forecasting - make a bit more sense. I don't know about other areas though, and about surfline, everyone I've known on the west coast likes it, but it always seems to underforecast here in the east.

Images
    Micah/Swellinfo: Correct me if I am wrong, but you don't do "manual corrections" on forecast events. Doesnt the data change as the Buoy data changes? I assume you scripting/logic just run if/then/else statements and processed the data accordingly. So, as the ocean changes, the updates should happen somewhat automatically. So, if that is the case, I assume that all you can really do is look at swell events that dont pan out the way the forecast indicated, then look at the degree of swell and many other factors to try and update the data logic behind the forecasts...

I mean, I stopped my CA site over 5 years ago, but I have a live one built that is aimed right at me on HHI. So based on tides, swells and actual conditions, I go back and manually adjust the code to indicate a more realistic forecast/reading...

Anyway, the difference between surfline/SI is that twice a day at most spots (Almost all in CA) they physically pay a guy to check the surf and update it each day... So with that being said, that is really the only reason that a lot of their "reports" are spot on for the most part.... But as I can see, I am one of the only guys on here that posts a "post session" surf report for the most part. So, for this community as a whole, we could all do better there... But that leads us into the whole blowing up spots stuff that we have all gone rounds over for years....

But to do manual updates on forecasts, I dont think anyone really does that. LOLA does what LOLA does, and if parts of Orange County or San Diego get missed by a certain angle that was unpredictable, they later drop that data into the back-end of LOLA for future accuracy.

Swellinfo is my only hope - all the cams are down from Sandy. SI and some weather details...

I do miss JoeMac! and Dukestorm, you used to get "eyes on" reports. And great deals on boards being sold.

Surfline's website HAS always been clunky.