LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sunglasses that won't hurt my face or eyes in a paddle out

I want to get sunglasses to cut glare and protect eyes from melanoma or any kind of cancer, since I seem to be out there every weekend.

Being pretty new at longboarding, I take a fair amount of pounding in the face when I paddle out against any wave over 3 foot. So, am concerned that water pounding the face could hurt me or my eyes when it hits the glasses, like push the plastic into the face or eye. Do you recommend glasses that won't break or pound into my face and eyes? I wish they made some that were lined with neoprene or like rubber you get on goggles.

Kind of an older thread, but just wondering if anyone likes the surf goggles vis a vis the surf sunglasses? Specifically the Kurtis brand products...?

BTW, Lee, that DP sunrise in VB on a cloudless summer day is not a good 'ting for the orbs.

Yeah I keep seeing that Kurtis add on here. Wonder how well they work/feel? I would love to not have to squint on sunny days.

sometimes ill wear my oakleys out on smaller days. most of their shades have an athletic fit so they wont really slide off but id only wear them with my croakies. even so theyve never fallen off. oakleys lenses are hydrophobic so the water slides right off. high risk but high reward situation. im sure those recspec kurtis shades would work better but im killing two birds with one stone.

I guess I would wear tinted swim goggles in that situation. But that's cause I have them already. I've never worn goggles surfing. But maybe try that? I'm too old to care what I look like.

I tried TYR watersport goggles. I can't stand the water spots.

I hear Seaspecs are good, but idk though, never tried em, interested to see if they work so that I don't have to lose my nice Electric Technicians in the ocean, already replaced em once, not trying to do that again

The water spots on my SeaSpecs bothered me, too. I actually tried putting RainX on 'em, as a what the heck thing, with mixed results. A bigger wave would occasionally push the plastic frame pretty hard into my grill.
    I gave up on 'em a few years ago.

That Kurtis add got my attn, as well. Maybe the technology has gotten better.

Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post
    The water spots on my SeaSpecs bothered me, too. I actually tried putting RainX on 'em, as a what the heck thing, with mixed results. A bigger wave would occasionally push the plastic frame pretty hard into my grill.
    I gave up on 'em a few years ago.

That Kurtis add got my attn, as well. Maybe the technology has gotten better.
    Good to know, if any of you find a solid solution i'd be interested as I do most of my surfing at DP, as you probably already knew

I had the same problem just after I had lasik, Recpecs makes a sunglass that has a band built in to it so they wont fall off and you can get them from Sams club for 60 dollars or so. I do a lot of trail riding and they make uv protectant glasses that are clear and damn near bullet proof also they have a padding on the inside frame like motorcycle glasses so it will keep the water out of your eyes, either way if you can take a clay bar and clean the surfaces and rain x the inside and out. Should work fine. Good Luck