LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wasted Swell

Wasted Swell

A whole week of waves and no cooperation from the wind...?

?

unless you no where to go...

Hold out guys....I'm sure we'll get something worth while towards the end of the week. Although its a while away, Thursday is looking kinda fun.....

Finding shelter from N and S winds sure, but NE and ENE... i dunno any good spots for that, at least within reasonable driving distance. Yeah, Thursday hopefully the winds will lighten up enough to be fun, but they will still likely be S - SE.

wasted swell

Exit 0.
    Go For It !

Checking a spot, after work on tues. as well as thurs. yes the winds will still be on it, but it was already semi-clean on sunday and building. so at some point/points this week that spot should be a fun ride with punch and a little size. when everything else will be all mixed up, that spot should be ridable with hollow sections to duck into. I love that spot more on those Big NE Swells anyway, it seems to open up more and holds to the end of the ride!

Quote Originally Posted by xgen70 View Post
    Checking a spot, after work on tues. as well as thurs. yes the winds will still be on it, but it was already semi-clean on sunday and building. so at some point/points this week that spot should be a fun ride with punch and a little size. when everything else will be all mixed up, that spot should be ridable with hollow sections to duck into. I love that spot more on those Big NE Swells anyway, it seems to open up more and holds to the end of the ride!

Yeah I will be checking there every day after work, should be good, especially with a lower tide. Hopefully it will be worth while atleast one of these next few days.

wasted swell

the old guy at summer sun says it was good yesterday,good and bigger today,and should be good tomorrow.
    he also says it's not the greatest,because the wind isn't north enough,too much east in the wind

Yep, seek and ye shall find. There are a few places within driving distance that are REALLY good this week

ok based on what everyone's saying I'm thinking Cape May or "the hook" in southern most assateague of VA. too bad the piping plovers have closed off access till september.