LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Okay I'd say these guys have the right idea and don't feel like kooks.. guess you have to use your imagination

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3PDXmYoF5U

in my opinion it's all what you make of it... you have to have a creative mind and really play around with all different angles and such in order to get a TON of footage, which you then need to edit for it to come out even remotely cool. It also can be used as a learning tool too, but for the surf mount specifically you really just need to use it tastefully.

Here's a video I put together a few weeks ago when I went to Puerto Rico with a few friends. We're nothing special (especially as surfers, we're relatively new) but we did a lot of fun things and I tried my best to capture it all and highlight the vacation:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xl-_s...e=related&hd=1

Got one last year. Haven't mounted it on a board, because I hate that POV style shot. Just take it in the water around my wrist and shoot my daughters and friends. Not ideal, but might as well get some use out of it. Have been able to snag some great stills from the videos.

I don't know about anyone else... but I'd much rather watch a few clips of myself then clips of other people kooking out.... lol. Im jus kidding about the kooking thing. But I'd still rather relive the session I had then watch a group of other people that I have no clue who they are.

The thing about the gopro and surfing is surfing... lets face it, we can have fun with our friends and be psyched for our buds when they catch good waves... but surfing is the most self centered sport one can engage in. And by that nature... watching other people doing regular stuff is not enjoyable. thats why I think gopro for surfing, especially when mounted on the board pov style is 100% for the surfer to watch and 100% annoying to everyone else around...

Quote Originally Posted by forman View Post
    in my opinion it's all what you make of it... you have to have a creative mind and really play around with all different angles and such in order to get a TON of footage, which you then need to edit for it to come out even remotely cool. It also can be used as a learning tool too, but for the surf mount specifically you really just need to use it tastefully.

Here's a video I put together a few weeks ago when I went to Puerto Rico with a few friends. We're nothing special (especially as surfers, we're relatively new) but we did a lot of fun things and I tried my best to capture it all and highlight the vacation:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xl-_s...e=related&hd=1
    Great job on the video bro- really like it! Hey did u use the dive housing for those underwater shots?
    Last edited by marksharky; Jan 26, 2013 at 05:14 PM.

Images
    It really comes down to this:

Price of GoPro Black $399
    Features
    Waterproof
    Video resolution: WVGA, 720p, 960p, 1080p, 1440p, 2.7K, 2.7K Cin, 4K, 4K Cin
    Shutter speeds: Up to 240 fps (848 x 480 pixels)
    Weight: 73g
    Dimensions: 1.7 x 1.5 x 2.2 cm

Price of Canon EOS-1D Camera (Body Only) $12,000
    Features
    Video Resolution 4K (4096 x 2160), Full HD (1920 x 1080)
    Shutter Speeds 1/8000 - 30 seconds
    Big, Not Waterproof and must buy $$$ lens

You are getting a camera that can shoot better video and has more features, is waterproof, for $399! You would need to spend $5000 plus a lens to get something similar. These cameras are going to revolutionize the industry.

Use them for what they are for and don't complain about it because you just got the best deal you will ever get on a camera EVER! You can control the camera with an app from your smartphone, its waterproof, it fits in your pocket, you can put it anywhere and it performs better that a camera $3,000 more expensive!

Also i agree with this guy:

but surfing is the most self centered sport one can engage in. And by that nature... watching other people doing regular stuff is not enjoyable. thats why I think gopro for surfing, especially when mounted on the board pov style is 100% for the surfer to watch and 100% annoying to everyone else around...
    Last edited by ecoastprock; Jan 26, 2013 at 08:52 PM.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ecoastprock View Post
    It really comes down to this:

Price of GoPro Black $399
    Features
    Waterproof
    Video resolution: WVGA, 720p, 960p, 1080p, 1440p, 2.7K, 2.7K Cin, 4K, 4K Cin
    Shutter speeds: Up to 240 fps (848 x 480 pixels)
    Weight: 73g
    Dimensions: 1.7 x 1.5 x 2.2 cm

Price of Canon EOS-1D Camera (Body Only) $12,000
    Features
    Video Resolution 4K (4096 x 2160), Full HD (1920 x 1080)
    Shutter Speeds 1/8000 - 30 seconds
    Big, Not Waterproof and must buy $$$ lens

You are getting a camera that can shoot better video and has more features, is waterproof, for $399! You would need to spend $5000 plus a lens to get something similar. These cameras are going to revolutionize the industry.

Use them for what they are for and don't complain about it because you just got the best deal you will ever get on a camera EVER! You can control the camera with an app from your smartphone, its waterproof, it fits in your pocket, you can put it anywhere and it performs better that a camera $3,000 more expensive!

Also i agree with this guy:

Can't believe Canon thinks they can get away with charging $5k for something a $400 Camera can do... Pretty crazy that they have millions of ppl fooled

Images
    forget that silly gopro stuff - Mecam is where you need to be to capitalize on state-of-the-art self-centered video documentation <br />the obvious evolutionary arc for this technology, when you think about it:
    MeCam $49 voice controlled flying camera concept follows you around, streams video to your phone Always Innovating is working on a tiny flying video camera called the MeCam. The camera is designed to follow you around and stream live video to your smartphone, allowing you to upload videos to YouTube, Facebook, or other sites. And Always Innovating thinks the MeCam could eventually sell for just $49. There are 14 different sensors which help the copter detect objects around it so it won’t bump into walls, people. or anything else. Always Innovating also includes stabilization technology so that videos shouldn’t look too shaky. Interestingly, there’s no remote control. Instead, you can control the MeCam in one of two ways. You can speak voice commands to tell it, for instance, to move up or down. Or you can enable the “follow-me” feature which tells the camera to just follow you around while shooting paparazzi-style video. The MeCam features an Always Innovating module with an ARM Cortex-A9 processor, 1GB of RAM, WiFI, and Bluetooth. The company hopes to license the design so that products based on the MeCam will hit the streets in early 2014.
    imagine voice-controlled personal-camera drone dogfights over the impact zone as surfers jockey to keep their personal cameracopters in place for optimum photo angles
    Last edited by hanna; Jan 27, 2013 at 05:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MFitz73 View Post
    a lot of people tag someone with a gopro on their board as being a kook... and no way around it... it does look "kooky" to have one on your board... you just have to get past feeling like everyone is making fun of your for having it on your board...lol.
    how can a camera make you kooky? if you rip, you rip. if you don't, you don't. it's a cool tool, use it any way you want. just don't expect other people to care about the **** you're posting unless you're killing it.

Quote Originally Posted by marksharky View Post
    Great job on the video bro- really like it! Hey did u use the dive housing for those underwater shots?
    Yeah I used the HD hero 3 so all the underwater stuff was with the dive housing - it comes with it. It really makes a huge difference in underwater quality.