Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crucial

Crucial

Hey,

I was visiting family in the San Diego area near La Jolla and was looking forward to surf for a week. I was wondering whether there were any surf shops that offer quality short boards for rent on a daily or weekly basis that are reasonably priced. I am asking because of the expensive board fees on multiple airlines and thought it would be smarter to rent a board than bring my own and potentially damaging it on the way. If anyone has any recommendations it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Images
    You don't want a short board...we have had 3 foot max waves the past 2 weeks

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilSurf View Post
    You don't want a short board...we have had 3 foot max waves the past 2 weeks
    Are you sure? What if he gets an Al Merrick or something like that. Won't that work even if there aren't waves?

Images
    do some research. google is a great tool for that. you could probably type the locatation your staying at, use google maps and find a bunch of shops around. im sure there is plenty in the la jolla area. give them a ring and ask around.

ZGafer should be able to help you out, i believe that's his backyard if i'm not mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemsonSurf View Post
    Are you sure? What if he gets an Al Merrick or something like that. Won't that work even if there aren't waves?
    Classic.

I got stuck renting a funboard from a surfshop in OB, and it wasn't cheap. Depending on your airline, bring one.

Images
    Wow if we got 3 foot waves for 2 weeks straight over here on the east coast I would be ecstatic.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Dog View Post
    Wow if we got 3 foot waves for 2 weeks straight over here on the east coast I would be ecstatic.
    With the right equipment 3ft can be really fun. Coil Megamind comes to mind...

zaGaffer, im jealous. havent seen waves like that in a while. looks insanely fun. blacks? been flat as hell over here on the east side.

Images
    You can shortboard Blacks 365 usually. Try OB surf shop and ask to rent an old team rider board. Otherwise, talk to Mitch at Mitch's surf shop in LJ. Or, PM me and I can try and get you in touch with some friends out there they may be able to float you a board for a few days... Blacks and the LJ reefs will be shortboardable more times than not.