LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crucial

Images
    You can shortboard Blacks 365 usually. Try OB surf shop and ask to rent an old team rider board. Otherwise, talk to Mitch at Mitch's surf shop in LJ. Or, PM me and I can try and get you in touch with some friends out there they may be able to float you a board for a few days... Blacks and the LJ reefs will be shortboardable more times than not.

Quote Originally Posted by SJerzSrfr View Post
    zaGaffer, im jealous. havent seen waves like that in a while. looks insanely fun. blacks? been flat as hell over here on the east side.
    Nope, just some NoCO reef. This first shot was from this morning. The 2nd was from Sunday afternoon by some dude on the erBB. I ganked it from there. 99% sure it's the same place though. I know that spot pretty well. The Sunday shot was about the average wave size that afternoon. There were a few cleanout sets. The morning was definitely bigger. Better tide. Blacks and the spots farther South got the best though. F.I.L. said the Slough was breaking on the second sand bar. Had some invite to go get my picture took by some Photog down there, but had to go look at a house in Oside.

According to Bird, Sunday's forecast was "Standout spots can experience some HH+ to slightly overhead sets."

I think that's one of NoCO's stand out spots. Some people dog it, but I like it. Ever since they did the beach replenishment a little up the road, it scraped all the sand bars off and just left exposed reef.
    Last edited by zaGaffer; Jan 22, 2013 at 05:50 PM.

Thanks for the advice, much appreciated. Also playful three foot glass waves are insanely fun, be grateful you have waves and are lucky enough to surf.

Images
    Find a mini simmons and you'll have a great time, I've fallen in love with mine.

I rented here, worked out great. Lot's to choose from. But it was over 6 year sago

http://www.cheap-rentals.com/

Images
    Check out Clairemont Surf Shop. They have really good deals and I'm pretty sure they rent out boards.