LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Board Sock

Board Sock

Bored, so I made a cover for my board. Not gonna protect from hard hits, but it will protect from sunlight and sledge hammers, just thought I would share. I used a winter fleece material. pretty soft and has some stretchBoard sock.jpgBoard sock 2.jpg

Images
    good luck keeping the wax off of the fleece. and keep it out of the garage, mice love that stuff. Those were the issues I had with mine that I made out of fleece.

Nice job! Better than nothin'...

Yeah, I thought about the wax deal, but it only cost me $9.00 and some time, no worries. I keep mine in a finished basement, hopefully no mice! LOL Thanks LB

Loved my Julie Design sock for 10 minutes before it became wax cardboard.

Images
    Nice, good use of old material.

Good job, man. I never had that much problem wax, just use some common sense when to put it on.

Always good to do it youself. Suggest you not go with fins first on your car. I did that and it ripped holes in a new one I bought on a trip to FL. Why do we go fins first anyway??????

Quote Originally Posted by Scbe View Post
    Always good to do it youself. Suggest you not go with fins first on your car. I did that and it ripped holes in a new one I bought on a trip to FL. Why do we go fins first anyway??????
    Back in the day, when straps were crap; the idea was that if one strap broke the fin would catch on the remaining strap. Seems plausible.

Also, so that we know who the kooks are.

Just get a set of Inno Lockers and never worry about a damn thing. I keep meaning to change my Yakima rubber bands out for a pair. I find that the bouncing of the boards to be quite unnerving at anything over 75 mph. I figure the Innos have to be good for up to 90-100.

Not that I would ever drive that fast, that would be illegal and reckless.

Got it and makes sense.