LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Board lights

Quote Originally Posted by Zeroevol View Post
    Yeah, don't think I would ever try them, I get freaked out the darker it gets.
    You should definitely try some night surfing sometime. Summertime, full moon sessions are great. Whole different world. First time you do it, head out with some buds so you don’t get too freaked out. Your mind will start to play tricks on you. No doubt. Just remember, it’s no different than surfing during the day, just darker. Makes judging your take off a little more difficult.

People used to wear glow sticks so that they could be seen from the beach. You'd get all these neon green and pink and blue streamers burned onto your retina. This is kind of the same idea.

Glow Joe????????????

zaGaffer, rents used to live in Clairemont, I used to surf PB all the time. That was probably the latest I stayed out, but I was by myself. A couple guys were near me, but when they got out, so did I. I would def try it if I had group.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeroevol View Post
    zaGaffer, rents used to live in Clairemont, I used to surf PB all the time. That was probably the latest I stayed out, but I was by myself. A couple guys were near me, but when they got out, so did I. I would def try it if I had group.
    Definitely something you should try atleast once. I did on a full moon once with a group of buds and it was one of the best times i've ever had surfing. Sure it spooks you every now and then when you get bumped by something, but i'm still here to tell the story. The water had a bioluminescence thing going on, it lit up a neon green with every paddle, my white board had a greenish glow to it. Never will forget that night. Pretty f'ing awesome, makes me want to give it another go one day just talking about it.

Wouldn't a head lamp be more practical for night surfing then a lit-up board? Just put on a miner's helmet w/light and away you go. Or do it the old-fashioned way and just get drunk and paddle out at 1 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChavezYChavez View Post
    do it the old-fashioned way and just get drunk and paddle out at 1 AM.
    I approve of this message, 60% of the time, it works EVERY time!