LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    i'm just excited to be able to go ice skating for the first time in five years! there's no surf on the horizon in mass bay so i'm not too worried about the cold. i might even take my trainer kite out and rig up some kind of ice skateboard this weekend. when life gives you lemons...

Quote Originally Posted by pinkstink View Post
    i might even take my trainer kite out and rig up some kind of ice skateboard this weekend.
    Oh man, we need video of this!!! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by haolemc View Post
    red breast? that's some good hooch for keeping the cold outta your bones.
    Love me some Jameson's too. But you'll never catch me with the protestants whiskey in my jar!

Quote Originally Posted by pinkstink View Post
    i'm just excited to be able to go ice skating for the first time in five years! there's no surf on the horizon in mass bay so i'm not too worried about the cold. i might even take my trainer kite out and rig up some kind of ice skateboard this weekend. when life gives you lemons...
    nice. just use your hockey skates with the kite.

but who said cold=lemons? try riding mountains.just got back from skiing langille ridge on a sunny day. ...and tomorrow is supposed to be 5 ft and clean at kachemak bay. mountains. ocean. repeat.

IMG_3452.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by aka pumpmaster View Post
    give me a break. a two days 'cold' snap and all the hand wringing. they do just fine since animals tend to be a bit tougher. and i f we did ever get a major cold snap, some would DIE. It's called the cycle of life. i suppose a few inches of snow is a major 'blizzard'?

Read cresto's statement
    Read my statement, jackass.

It's not hand-wringing, it's a legit question. It's 15 degrees with a 35 knot wind & no shelter unless you count scrub trees & bushes. Try not to leap onto your pompous little attack-piglet soapbox every friggin time you see something that sets you off, which, really? doesn't seem to take much 'pumpmaster'....

And Cresto is in friggin Alaska, piglet, his perspective is on a whole 'nother plane.

Here we go again.

when the bay freezes and my balls fall off hahahahaha

good advice cresto!

ya i got to do the board and surf combo one weekend last year. but being 2.5 hours from real mountains makes it a little tough to do it on a regular basis

Images
    This cold is definitely too cold but there is something great about sitting 50 yards off shore while its 32 degrees and snowing. You cant get that feeling in the summer. And being in New England its rare that we get to go without at least a 3/2 so I have no idea what its like to long for the days of boards shorts and a rash guard.

Images
    -10 in RI on Wed.

Images
    12 degrees outside isn't cold so put a plug in yer meat wallets. At the most, I'll switch my snake skin loincloth to racoon hide.
    loincloth.jpg
    Last edited by Doug; Jan 26, 2013 at 01:30 PM. Reason: pluralization