LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by leethestud View Post
    The coolest footage ever (...lost it on a stolen laptop....) was when we clamped it on my friend's great dane's collar and let him "fight" his mastiff (no mike vick, these dogs live better than I do, they just play around a lot) but the video was effign terrifying.
    see, that would actually be cool! i guess you've gotta be creative w/ it to make the best use of the thing...the gopro display at the shop where i work has a pretty neat loop that uses footage of makr healey swimming w/ great whites, diving on wrecks, etc...as well as sky divers, base jumpers, car racing, alana blanchard, slater...the list goes on. almost NONE of it features deck-mounted cameras facing the surfer.
    going off of your dog collar idea, i think it would be pretty neat if somoene mounted one to a sea turtle's shell & let it loose. i bet we'd learn a LOT about where they go & what they do from something like that! or someone could put one on mary lee as she cruises the coast!

Quote Originally Posted by delawaredell View Post
    carbon fiber surfboards
    why......?

The movie Point Break. Keanau Reeves makes me cringe in horror.

Quote Originally Posted by ChavezYChavez View Post
    The movie Point Break. Keanau Reeves makes me cringe in horror.
    x1000!!!!

GoPro's!!!!

Lame, when on the nose of the board filming the surfer. I don't give a f0ck what you look like surfing or the stupid faces you make or your constipated looking stance when you are surfing a two foot wave. Unless you are surfing Teahupoo or Jaws it's lame. If you are filming your friends from the water, then feel free to proceed and have a blast.

6. point break is great. its a classic you cant hate on it haha and i think gopros are pretty cool ive seen sick footage from them. its all about the angle and point of view when u use them. if u strap it to the front of the board, expect to get bad footage. but when u have it on ur head or chest on a good day with plenty of barrels you'll be pleased with the result. Also with this angle u can share what u experienced with people who cant surf and they can see what you saw, which is pretty cool i think.

Also with this angle u can share what u experienced with people who cant surf and they can see what you saw, which is pretty cool i think.
    so basically, self-promotion??

How about needle sharp noses on shortboards? I got a nice scar to prove it was lame for me. Needed those lame silicone nose condoms to keep from having a lawn dart moment...

Stomp pads bahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by StuckontheGulf View Post
    Stomp pads bahahaha
    what's a stomp pad???