Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahuna Kai View Post
    Whadya bench?
    That was good.

The NJShredMachine has lifetime dibs on the bench, though.

TURBO TUNNEL! too funny, I bought one as a newbee from the now closed 3rd Ave surf shop-he must have saw me coming a mile away. Besides provoking small talk, the thing did absolutely nothing!

It's all good Gaffer and thanks for your thoughts.

I looked at the list of lame surf products posted here and agreed that they were all pretty poor except for the zinc block, in any case I am aware of the humour but don't let that stand in the way of a retort.

One assumes that you are referring to Garrett, he seems like a good hearted person but unfortunately he rode the board from way too far back, which some beginners do. I explained to him that he should ride from further forward and he replied that he'd be sure to stand further back next time. Lost in translation perhaps, or did he listen to Randy the Snake instead of Roy?

Turbo tunnels have several design flaws, we prefer half pipe tunnels which are not constricted at the exit.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Kahuna Kai View Post
    Also lame are miatas w rainbow stickers and white wetsuits. And political correctness
    The offer still stands Kahuna Kai. Evolve.

Its not about being PC so much as knowing what language is appropriate and where. In other words, not being a d-bag.

Also 1) rainbow sticker is a reference to gays. 2) Gays and lesbians are already in the lineup.

Yes, we must all look out for the chips on others' shoulders! This is an ESTEEM issue, people!!!! Only mouth-breathing knuckle draggers who have not evolved don't understand!

I'm a lesbian, so don't get too close in the lineup--it may wash off on you.

....and speaking of which, relating to this thread, BEAVER TAIL WETSUTS.

I'm a lesbian, so don't get too close in the lineup--it may wash off on you.
    hot lip-stick lesbians are always welcome. unshaven butches are not.

beaver tails now or originally?

Huh huh huh huh huh huh huh huh huh huh. You said BEAVER.

your avatar is sexist and offensive.

Quote Originally Posted by aka pumpmaster View Post
    beaver tails now or originally?
    Any sold after they figured out it was warmer to stitch the crotch and put a zipper on the back.

Quote Originally Posted by aka pumpmaster View Post
    The lighted board thread got me thinking about some of the really stupid surf products I've seen in my 30 years of surfing. Those include:

webbed gloves
    Zinka
    the 'turbo tunnel' fin
    surf sunglasses (aka oakley waterjackets)
    lyca surf shorts (I'm talking about the cycling style shorts of the late 80s)
    ultra short boardshorts
    front foot traction pads
    go pros

Did I miss anything? (I'm sure there is some really wild stuff from the 60s and 70s.
    I rocked the front foot traction for a few years recently. Pretty stiff traction and eliminates the need to constantly scrap/reapply wax. Also no wax inside board bags which was the best part. Yeah it may chaff your nips when barebacking but in the northeast where you are in a wetsuit for 10months out of the year it was never really problem.

some pros love them too:
    Stabís last print issue featured this double-page spread of Julian Wilson using an Astrodeck front-foot traction pad. Julian tells the Stab readers about how Christian (Fletcher) gave him the pad and why he loves the grip so much. In Julianís own words: ďIt felt like the best grip Iíve ever felt, like my foot couldnít come off. I was hooked. So, now, Iíve just been using it on all my boards. Itís just really light and really sticky. I havenít looked back since.Ē