LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast
    I'm a lesbian, so don't get too close in the lineup--it may wash off on you.
    hot lip-stick lesbians are always welcome. unshaven butches are not.

beaver tails now or originally?

Huh huh huh huh huh huh huh huh huh huh. You said BEAVER.

your avatar is sexist and offensive.

Quote Originally Posted by aka pumpmaster View Post
    beaver tails now or originally?
    Any sold after they figured out it was warmer to stitch the crotch and put a zipper on the back.

your avatar is sexist and offensive.
    Wait, Duke of Funk/Earl of Cool's avatar isn't the San Onofre power plant?

The lighted board thread got me thinking about some of the really stupid surf products I've seen in my 30 years of surfing. Those include:

webbed gloves
    Zinka
    the 'turbo tunnel' fin
    surf sunglasses (aka oakley waterjackets)
    lyca surf shorts (I'm talking about the cycling style shorts of the late 80s)
    ultra short boardshorts
    front foot traction pads
    go pros

Did I miss anything? (I'm sure there is some really wild stuff from the 60s and 70s.
    I rocked the front foot traction for a few years recently. Pretty stiff traction and eliminates the need to constantly scrap/reapply wax. Also no wax inside board bags which was the best part. Yeah it may chaff your nips when barebacking but in the northeast where you are in a wetsuit for 10months out of the year it was never really problem.

some pros love them too:
    Stabís last print issue featured this double-page spread of Julian Wilson using an Astrodeck front-foot traction pad. Julian tells the Stab readers about how Christian (Fletcher) gave him the pad and why he loves the grip so much. In Julianís own words: ďIt felt like the best grip Iíve ever felt, like my foot couldnít come off. I was hooked. So, now, Iíve just been using it on all my boards. Itís just really light and really sticky. I havenít looked back since.Ē

Roy... your out-of-the-box thinking, creative self expression, originality, and craftsmanship are exemplary, admirable, and fun to watch. But your boards are not what I'm looking for in a surfboard. "Lame"??? I don't know. In some ways yes, and some ways no. But good luck anyway, brother.

Well, they have the ability to ride many waves which others can't and make sections which others can't, and do it more easily than others... so it's the others that I call lame. Whether or not they are what you are after is another matter, as people surf for a variety of reasons.. I do it to ride waves.

Thanks for the compliments.

This thread rules.