LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by aka pumpmaster View Post

how about lifeguards? (wait, not really a product)
    Sure they are! They're a product of the tourism industry...

the leashes.... 'cause Im in total control of my board and how the waves breaks around me. lol.

I remember there was a lot of static about that topic.... I like the leash product.

Images
    I gotta disagree on the sunglasses. I have a buddy that gets sunburn on his eyes (not sure what part) especially when surfing in clear water. It would be so bad that he would need to wear sunglasses inside for the rest of the day. I guess the glare is too much for him. Anyway, he would only keep the sunglasses on while waiting for a set, then take them off and let them dangle around his neck when he paddled for a wave. While they are lame, they do actually provide a function.

Quote Originally Posted by aka pumpmaster View Post
    yeah im the fence about kneeboards. never really caught on tho and my thinking is that even if its a good idea the fact that it never took off relegates it to the lame category.
    i think kneeboarding seems pretty cool, actually. at least the george greenough/flex spoon style of riding, anyway. i'd love to add one to my quiver if they didn't cost $1500-$2000 to make. the typical kneeboarding done today generally seems a pale imitation of both surfing & bodyboarding...they can fit in tight spaces like spongers, but can't quite make it to their feet...they can kinda do airs, but it looks super awkward...the flex spoon riders can crank super high-g turns & throw spray that makes all but the most powerful surfers look effeminate.

sit%20n%20surf.jpg

Hey, lets not forget the "sit n surf"!!!

oh, & i'm gonna pile on to the webbed gloves hate. definitely lame, definitely bad for your shoulders. most paddle-power doesn't come from your hands/arms anyway, it comes from your back & shoulders. strengthen those, become a better paddler

Quote Originally Posted by njsurfer42 View Post
    oh, & i'm gonna pile on to the webbed gloves hate. definitely lame, definitely bad for your shoulders. most paddle-power doesn't come from your hands/arms anyway, it comes from your back & shoulders. strengthen those, become a better paddler
    Never tried em before, I have bad shoulders as it is, i'd probably blow mine completely out if I did try them from the sounds of it.

i'm also going to add that the gopro is the product that has/had the most potential to actually be cool, but hasn't lived up to that potential & has become lame as a result. i think it suffers from unimaginative placement (always on the nose of the board, always facing the rider), & over-use by people who lack the skill to actually make use of what it offers.

The Wave Ski
    Jams
    Day Glow
    Da Hui (hehehe)

Ah yes.. the "surf ski"... almost as lame as the surf kayak.