LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by njsurfer42 View Post
    i'm also going to add that the gopro is the product that has/had the most potential to actually be cool, but hasn't lived up to that potential & has become lame as a result. i think it suffers from unimaginative placement (always on the nose of the board, always facing the rider), & over-use by people who lack the skill to actually make use of what it offers.
    I love gopros... they always give me a little chuckle inside when I see one in the lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by LBCrew View Post
    I love gopros... they always give me a little chuckle inside when I see one in the lineup.
    I'll probably never use mine on my board, just don't like the attachment, but i'm looking for ways to get use of it since it was a gift from my wife and I feel bad for not using it ever. Anybody use these to just swim underwater and get footage of the sealife?

I don't have a GoPro, but I think it would be good for filming your friends surf. Could get some good barrel shots if you're paddling out or something.

Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    I'll probably never use mine on my board, just don't like the attachment, but i'm looking for ways to get use of it since it was a gift from my wife and I feel bad for not using it ever. Anybody use these to just swim underwater and get footage of the sealife?
    Similar situation. I have the used it a few times and got some OK footage but it's got to be either hand held or on the head mount to be any good surfing.

The coolest footage ever (...lost it on a stolen laptop....) was when we clamped it on my friend's great dane's collar and let him "fight" his mastiff (no mike vick, these dogs live better than I do, they just play around a lot) but the video was effign terrifying.

Quote Originally Posted by leethestud View Post
    Similar situation. I have the used it a few times and got some OK footage but it's got to be either hand held or on the head mount to be any good surfing.

The coolest footage ever (...lost it on a stolen laptop....) was when we clamped it on my friend's great dane's collar and let him "fight" his mastiff (no mike vick, these dogs live better than I do, they just play around a lot) but the video was effign terrifying.
    That's hilarious, and creative

Quote Originally Posted by Erock View Post
    Da Hui (hehehe)
    HEH!

oh sh!1!, I'm outta here. only time I've ever deuced in the line-up : )

Fins. Damn YOU BOB SIMMONS
    The foam surfboard blank. Surfboards should still all be made of wood and weigh 90lbs.
    Wetsuits. Kook Shirts
    Carnuba Wax

go pros can be really fun. i love to use them on downhill bike to analyze lines on runs but for surfing, especially with the board mount, i think the footage looks weak/lame.

I think surfing animals are lame! I know its not a product, but its dumb. Saw some guy over seas with a damn lama on his board and thought the lama loved it.

Images
    carbon fiber surfboards

this is personal opinion but I'm gonna add beater type boards.