LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 156
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Monmouth Beach, NJ
    Posts
    2,452
    Quote Originally Posted by njsurfer42 View Post
    i'm also going to add that the gopro is the product that has/had the most potential to actually be cool, but hasn't lived up to that potential & has become lame as a result. i think it suffers from unimaginative placement (always on the nose of the board, always facing the rider), & over-use by people who lack the skill to actually make use of what it offers.
    I love gopros... they always give me a little chuckle inside when I see one in the lineup.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Central FL
    Posts
    4,144
    Quote Originally Posted by LBCrew View Post
    I love gopros... they always give me a little chuckle inside when I see one in the lineup.
    I'll probably never use mine on my board, just don't like the attachment, but i'm looking for ways to get use of it since it was a gift from my wife and I feel bad for not using it ever. Anybody use these to just swim underwater and get footage of the sealife?

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Wilmington
    Posts
    2,340
    I don't have a GoPro, but I think it would be good for filming your friends surf. Could get some good barrel shots if you're paddling out or something.

  4. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    I'll probably never use mine on my board, just don't like the attachment, but i'm looking for ways to get use of it since it was a gift from my wife and I feel bad for not using it ever. Anybody use these to just swim underwater and get footage of the sealife?
    Similar situation. I have the used it a few times and got some OK footage but it's got to be either hand held or on the head mount to be any good surfing.

    The coolest footage ever (...lost it on a stolen laptop....) was when we clamped it on my friend's great dane's collar and let him "fight" his mastiff (no mike vick, these dogs live better than I do, they just play around a lot) but the video was effign terrifying.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Central FL
    Posts
    4,144
    Quote Originally Posted by leethestud View Post
    Similar situation. I have the used it a few times and got some OK footage but it's got to be either hand held or on the head mount to be any good surfing.

    The coolest footage ever (...lost it on a stolen laptop....) was when we clamped it on my friend's great dane's collar and let him "fight" his mastiff (no mike vick, these dogs live better than I do, they just play around a lot) but the video was effign terrifying.
    That's hilarious, and creative

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Stayin' Classy in San Diego
    Posts
    1,923
    Quote Originally Posted by Erock View Post
    Da Hui (hehehe)
    HEH!

    oh sh!1!, I'm outta here. only time I've ever deuced in the line-up : )

    Fins. Damn YOU BOB SIMMONS
    The foam surfboard blank. Surfboards should still all be made of wood and weigh 90lbs.
    Wetsuits. Kook Shirts
    Carnuba Wax

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    In a state of flux
    Posts
    3,177
    go pros can be really fun. i love to use them on downhill bike to analyze lines on runs but for surfing, especially with the board mount, i think the footage looks weak/lame.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    934
    I think surfing animals are lame! I know its not a product, but its dumb. Saw some guy over seas with a damn lama on his board and thought the lama loved it.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    bethany beach
    Posts
    183
    Images
    7
    carbon fiber surfboards

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    In a state of flux
    Posts
    3,177
    this is personal opinion but I'm gonna add beater type boards.