LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Images

Anyone try vasoline on the face?

I've heard people talk about putting vasoline on their face to protect from cold in the winter.
    I have never tried, have you?

I use it on the real cold days to help prevent chapped skin. However, it does not keep my face warmer.

back in the day I used to put it on my nipples (shut up) to cut down on chafing in my short john wet suit.

I thought that stuff was bad for your wetsuit...

I use Blistex, but same concept. It really only keeps your skin from chapping, but Blistex is also SPF 15.

Vaseline

I always keep a tub of that **** in my jeep. I have never used it on my face on cold days, even though I have though of it. On longer sessions I always use it on the neck, arm pits and crotch of my wet suit to prevent chafing. It works pretty good! It also stays on your skin for a while. Has not ruined my wet suit as far as I can tell, but keeps it nice and slick. It is typically only needed because my wet suit is not new any more. The older the wet suit, the more chafing I seem to get.
    By the Way, There has not been a surfable wave in N.H. in the last month, and its seriously depressing.

i put it on my face to repel 35 degree water... seems to work well/kind of a simple concept.

it seems to work for me

been doing it for a few years now. It seems to help me for sure with the cold water and the wind, wether it's just a mental thing or not who knows.. Just be sure to clean your face after the session.

i've heard the old guys talk about doing it when it gets really cold. i've never had the opportunity to try it yet but it supposedly works