LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    You'll be amazed at the difference. Put it this way, it feels like cheating almost
    Riding a Coil? What's their secret?

I scored that local board yesterday. Took it out to float on in 6inches yesterday and managed a couple pop ups in less than mush. Got a feeling it's gonna be the go-to stick. We will see this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by EmassSpicoli View Post
    Riding a Coil? What's their secret?

I scored that local board yesterday. Took it out to float on in 6inches yesterday and managed a couple pop ups in less than mush. Got a feeling it's gonna be the go-to stick. We will see this weekend.
    Congrats on the new addition to the family, new sticks are always fun to get dialed in, regardless of the maker. What's the secret to Coil's being so good? Well, that's a long answer, and honestly I don't have all the answers, since a lot of what they do is "top secret". But I will tell you this, the 1st session I had on it was the best session I ever had on a short board, ever. I've since surpassed that session several times over now, but that's what's crazy about it, it just keeps getting better and better. The technology they use is proprietary stuff that nobody else uses, the shaping is world class, the end result is a surf board straight out of the future. You won't find anything else that compares, believe it.

Congrats on the new addition to the family, new sticks are always fun to get dialed in, regardless of the maker. What's the secret to Coil's being so good? Well, that's a long answer, and honestly I don't have all the answers, since a lot of what they do is "top secret". But I will tell you this, the 1st session I had on it was the best session I ever had on a short board, ever. I've since surpassed that session several times over now, but that's what's crazy about it, it just keeps getting better and better. The technology they use is proprietary stuff that nobody else uses, the shaping is world class, the end result is a surf board straight out of the future. You won't find anything else that compares, believe it.
    Thanks Brü!!! Like I said, it's an Irish-Catholic family and orphanage-like at that. Some of the sticks only have a cup of coffee in this quiver. This one is an effin keeper though! Can't wait to rip on it tomorrow at [insert overprotected peak/break name by censoring aggro brahs]!!!

Those Coils are stupid money though, right? In a logical sense, a hundred pounds of chicken schitt (mad boards that are crap boards) are still pounds of chicken schitt and you can't ride chicken schitt and get stoked. If these sticks are durable then I'll def think of investing.

Which specific Coil models have you brahs sampled? Tanks in advance!

Images
    http://charleston.craigslist.org/spo/3943285476.html

What the H is virgin coconut oil? What's wrong with the beeswax? Been too busy whoring around?

Thanks Brü!!! Like I said, it's an Irish-Catholic family and orphanage-like at that. Some of the sticks only have a cup of coffee in this quiver. This one is an effin keeper though! Can't wait to rip on it tomorrow at [insert overprotected peak/break name by censoring aggro brahs]!!!

Those Coils are stupid money though, right? In a logical sense, a hundred pounds of chicken schitt (mad boards that are crap boards) are still pounds of chicken schitt and you can't ride chicken schitt and get stoked. If these sticks are durable then I'll def think of investing.

Durable is an understatement, no board is indestructible, but these boards are damn near it. Everybody I have talked to who have owned them for years have told me that it's near impossible to snap one, only rare cases, usually after 4-5 years of heavy abuse in serious waves. Only one person that I can recall had that issue. Mine doesn't have a scratch on it, been to PR and back and in some heavy waters a few times now already. Some people have managed to get a ding here and there, but again it took something serious for that to happen and it's fixable. Most will tell you that anything that would ding a Coil would most likely snap a standard Poly board. Even compared to other Epoxies it stands the test of time. I met a guy who was riding a 7 year old one last weekend and his was still in great shape.

$600 + $100 shipping for either Grid or Kick tech is not all that much, especially considering they last forever.

Color costs more, but I don't think they are doing color with the Kick tech yet or if they ever will.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemsonSurf View Post
    http://charleston.craigslist.org/spo/3943285476.html

What the H is virgin coconut oil? What's wrong with the beeswax? Been too busy whoring around?
    As I listen to the theme song to Project X, I read this post and my weekend officially begins. As if the tequila wasn't the firestarter.

Durable is an understatement, no board is indestructible, but these boards are damn near it. Everybody I have talked to who have owned them for years have told me that it's near impossible to snap one, only rare cases, usually after 4-5 years of heavy abuse in serious waves. Only one person that I can recall had that issue. Mine doesn't have a scratch on it, been to PR and back and in some heavy waters a few times now already. Some people have managed to get a ding here and there, but again it took something serious for that to happen and it's fixable. Most will tell you that anything that would ding a Coil would most likely snap a standard Poly board. Even compared to other Epoxies it stands the test of time. I met a guy who was riding a 7 year old one last weekend and his was still in great shape.
    I'm gettin all hot and bothered hearing this. So are dings not so much dings on a Coil?

Quote Originally Posted by Erock View Post
    $600 + $100 shipping for either Grid or Kick tech is not all that much, especially considering they last forever.

Color costs more, but I don't think they are doing color with the Kick tech yet or if they ever will.
    Shoots brah, so they cost less than some customs and all CI boards? Wow. I'm kinda arty sold!!! Just have to liquidate the bottom fourth of the quiver to turn assets into cash capital!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Erock View Post

+1, They aren't offering color in Kick yet, at least last I spoke to MD, but it's not necessary IMO