LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    too small for me : (

Smokin deal, this is gonna sell quick! Perfect travel board for somebody in the 150-170 range.

Hydro Flex Travellers Complex 6'1 Near new - $125 (Encinitas)

but I’ve got one. The Santa Monica hard shell case, for when you want to get all Joe vs. The Volcano with your luggage. Yeah, it might be overkill; but come the day when I want to use my travel case as a life raft, it’s on like Donkey Kong.

8'6" Hard Cover Surfboard Container - $79 (Ocean Beach)

Quote Originally Posted by zaGaffer View Post
    I'm not sure what the hell the are. 11,000$!!!!!!! There's that too.

Collectors hollow carbon with internial suspension carbon structures - $11000 (encinitas )

These boards represent the highest state of the technology surfboard ever built and are unique in the world.
    how hard is it to keep wax on that chokit board. looks like you got a couple of sling blades (I like to call them Kaiser Blades uh huh) attached to the bottom.

Images
    those look like hydrofoil things that laird uses. and that 6'1 is a ****in steal gaff. can you keep an eye out for a cheap noserider out there? i really am trying to get one this summer when i have some money

Quote Originally Posted by 757surfer View Post
    those look like hydrofoil things that laird uses. and that 6'1 is a ****in steal gaff. can you keep an eye out for a cheap noserider out there? i really am trying to get one this summer when i have some money
    Sure man, no prob. Good, no-name, longboards are a dime a dozen out here:
    SURFBOARD PHANTOM LONGBOARD - $160 (OCEANSIDE)

What're you looking for and how much do you want to spend is the question?

Like, I would buy this board, but my wife would scalp me:

Takayama 9' x 22 1/2 x 2 7/8 - $1000 (Del Mar)

Hotness! Little short for a noserider for me, but that thing looks bernanners.

Let me know what you're thinking, if I see any smokin deals, I'll post 'em up. I usually post stuff that I really would buy, except I'm short on cash or it would be too big, small or geographically stupid, or just total joke stuff on this thread.

I would totally sport the Penguin though.

Saw these today, some real good deals there:
    5 Longboards surfboards Long Surf Board Longboard Surfboard Bing - $350 (Pacific Beach)

Images
    wow, that board for 160 is a steal. well, I don't know much about long boards but i want to have one and use one because most of the time you need a good longboard here in vb. i love watching noseriding and i really want to learn how to do it. what do you think about board specs for me? im 6'2 170sih and in shape so i think i could paddle a bigger board but handling and paddling are a different story. i kinda like boards in the 9'6-10'2 range. they seem to do the best in east coast waves over here but i dont know if that is too big for starting out or not. looking to spend 150-400 once i start working this summer.

Some great stuff on Craigslist today.

Here’s the Holy Grail of Wooden Surfboards:
    Vintage Velzy Balsa Surfboard - $2500 (C-Bad)

The story goes... Velzy shaped this board for one of his girlfriends and hand selected the whitest balsa. For whatever reason his girlfriend didn't surf it that much so Dale hung it in his shop behind a big glass window in the storefront. One night someone shattered the window and the board was lost to the world. Velzy put the word out about the board and rumors began to surface about the board making its way down to San Clemente and so Velzy went. Velzy then took his horse down to the trails and rode his horse with his gun at his side telling anyone he saw down that way to keep an eye out for his board. A week later the board reappeared at the front door of his surf shop. So this is the story the best as I can recollect it from the guy I bought it off. He was some crazy old glasser leaving in some falling down house on balboa island. He said he glassed for noll and a couple of the other big times, and swore ET was the best shaper of all time. He also had no fingernails from dipping his hands in acetone, because he said you could glass a board way better by hand... Anyway, *****n oldy but goody. I have plenty of more photo's just contact me and I will send them your way. This bad boy measures in@ 9'0 and has been semi restored by Roper, and the fin was made by Jim the Genius. I think the logo is pretty rare, maybe when velzy got into with Jacobs or when he was evading the irs I can't remember, maybe you know?

How can you not love that story? “Velzy then took his horse down to the trails and rode his horse with his gun at his side telling anyone he saw down that way to keep an eye out for his board.” Classic!

Here’s some crazy stuff, from the people who brought you the $11,000 carbon surfboards:
    Carbon Boardworks New surfboard proto model - $900 (cardiff)

What is going on with these fins? What is this board? What do you ride it in?

And here’s some cheapo longboards; $300 for the pair or a $150 apiece. Might be a really good deal if they’re clean boards.

2 Longboard Surfboard - $300 (Rancho San Diego)

I've got line on a MegaMind. BUT, this is a Jim the Genius! I see one of these on Craigs once in a blue moon. That is some serious foam right there and a smoking deal. Bing's not too shabby either.

9'9 Jim Phillips NR-10'0 BING original NR - $650 (SAN DIEGO)

Images
    http://charleston.craigslist.org/spo/3757699683.html

Fat Penguin still for sale. Amazingly enough, about the same price as those bings.

Images
    damn wish i had the money now gaff! i will later this summer though. gotta keep looking for some good deals. what do you think the shipping costs would be for one of those bad boys