LOGIN | REGISTER

Thread: surfboard size

Hybrid View

wb and you can find me at crystal and sweetwater and all over wb.

surfboard size

Hey i'm looking for a new shortboard and i need help finding the right size for me. I'm abot 5 ft and 8in. can anyone help me?

hey whats up, im 160, 5'8'' and ride a 6'6'', I have ridden a 6'2'' DHD and also a thick 6'1'' . Its pretty much going to be preference (as always right...). What have you ridden before or what stye do you like? I wanna get a 6'3'' maybe a quad. My 6'6" is getting pretty banged up and am gunna need a new short soon. Im here in WB too, i've prob seen ya around sometime ha.

right now im riding a 7'6 but it's my freinds dad's board and i'm just tired, having to pick up the board from him but i weigh like 120 pounds. But i wanna get an al merrick flyer 6'1 epoxy. but i just want a bord that can float me, and that i can grow into.

well you make me sound fat for 5'8" haha, well if your looking at a Merrick (aren't we all) then make sure you can def grow into it and can use it for a lot of seasons. That board size will be no problem to float you esp if it epoxy.

Quote Originally Posted by wbsurfer View Post
    right now im riding a 7'6 but it's my freinds dad's board and i'm just tired, having to pick up the board from him but i weigh like 120 pounds. But i wanna get an al merrick flyer 6'1 epoxy. but i just want a bord that can float me, and that i can grow into.
    You will be fine to even go lower, im 5'9 135 lbs and ride a 5'10 al merrick eagles wing (Machados Board). Plus the flyers are meant to be riden with a little less height and they got some extra width to them as well.

Talking

thanks! all this imformation will help me.

completely depends man....i'm 5'7 and 140 and ride anything from a 5'6 to a 6'4 shorty. Depends on your skill level, what you want your board to do, and what type of waves you will be riding. I would go with something around a 6'0 or 6'1 if you want the "traditional" shortboard, for average size surf here in NSC and SNC. Go a few inches bigger if you have some bigger waves in your near future.