LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 15 of 128 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast
    A performance review of a Stuart board from RR, ridden in moderate surf in Hawaii in 2008:

"For Hawaii, you don't need that much rocker. Maybe some nose lift to keep from pearling, but the extreme rocker didn't fit in the curve of the wave and just seemed to slow it down. While the soft rails in the nose are very forgiving, to extend it all the way to the tail makes if feel like an old '60's tanker. I would add some rovings and build up an edge in the tail so that you get some release off the tail. As of now, with the soft rolled rail in the tail, the water wraps over the rail and that combined with the extreme tail lift, just makes it slow down. There is simply no release in the tail. The fin as mentioned above is more area than necessary for the tail width and just tends to create additional drag. Template wise, I would of moved the wide point forward to allow more tail rail, which would of improved the "run" aspect of the board, as now with the curve in the back, it just cuts down what "turning" radius there is. The rocker is way too extreme and you could cut off two feet of nose and it would not hamper the performance of the board in any way. This particular board, as mentioned was fun to ride. The only problem is that I had to make it work. It didn't make it easy for me. I doubt I would want to take it out in anything much hollower than what I had it in, since as I mentioned above, there was no way I could get any drive off the bottom. On a big facy wave it would be fun, but the idea of taking this out to Pipeline would be a scary thought in my opinion."

The boards that this Kiwi makes are wall hangers, plain & simple. In the water, they're soggy, slow & can't get out of their own way: see a number of tester reviews.

As for Stuart: the man is a Kiwi who is full of himself, as some of them are, islanders who cling to the inferiority complex of a rejected people who are the modern legacy of the cast-off stepchildren of the failed British Empire, doomed in their island paradise to raising sheep yet generating little hope, producing high-quality mutton but constructing sloppy wooden surfboards from Stuart.

As for Stuart, the man will talk & talk & talk, talk you to the point where you run for your sanity; he's a tavern oracle, the type that the Irish would say has The Gift, and which modern law enforcement would say has the grift.

Who is Stuart, one may ask? Well, even a broken clock is (deceptively) right twice a day.

Yankee you've posted that nonsense on this thread already, so here's the same reply which I posted then.

Sorry, but Randy is totally wrong, he only rode 6 waves and fell off on four of them.

Take his comments re. rocker for example, he claims to be a surfboard designer but makes the newbie mistake of saying that the board has extreme rocker when it is in fact on the low to moderate side.

His comments re. release are just as silly. The tail is a low drag displacement tail, the water is designed to wrap over it and all the release occurs at the pintail.

There's a lot more BS in there too, but that's enough to be getting on with. Bottom line is that he failed to ride the board as it is designed to be ridden, and failed to realise that this was due to rider error.

The myth regarding the rocker has been well and truly busted by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post

The boards that this Kiwi makes are wall hangers, plain & simple. In the water, they're soggy, slow & can't get out of their own way: see a number of tester reviews.
    Incorrect, the boards are fast, and turn well.

Would you like me to start posting the list of good rider reviews which I have? It's a bit of a chore but in the interests of truth I'll do it if you'd like to see them.

As for Stuart: the man is a Kiwi who is full of himself, as some of them are, islanders who cling to the inferiority complex of a rejected people who are the modern legacy of the cast-off stepchildren of the failed British Empire, doomed in their island paradise to raising sheep yet generating little hope, producing high-quality mutton but constructing sloppy wooden surfboards from Stuart.
    You tell him boy...

As for Stuart, the man will talk & talk & talk, talk you to the point where you run for your sanity; he's a tavern oracle, the type that the Irish would say has The Gift, and which modern law enforcement would say has the grift.

Who is Stuart, one may ask? Well, even a broken clock is (deceptively) right twice a day.
    I enjoyed this accurate depiction of the throbbing ego known as Roy Stuart.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post
    I enjoyed this accurate depiction of the throbbing ego known as Roy Stuart.
    As did I, thanks Yankee for providing me with a well needed laugh this morning, you are a wordsmith....the cast-off stepchildren of the failed British Empire...friggin' hilarious!

Can you rename your surfboard "The Retirement Plan"?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy Stuart View Post
    Post them up by all means.
    Sorry for the bad pictures. The boards are about 14 feet up in the air and I almost killed myself hanging them the first time so I just snapped these pics on my phone as I walked out the door this morning.

So what do you think they are worth. Heck, I might me a millionaire and not even realize it.
    SBoard1.jpgSBoard2.jpgLBoard.jpg

The first two pics are the same board at a little different angle to show you they actually have rocker and are functional boards, not just planks of wood.

I'm going to start shopping for my Lambo now!

Yankee, man, I don't get it. How do you generate such strong feelings for the people on this forum? First it was leethestud and now it's roy stuart. I understand that you don't like his boards (or him) but does that really mean you have to badmouth the people of New Zealand?

Images
    Those boards are nice but I wouldn't give a penny over $350,000 for the fish. I might go $475,000 on the longboard if you can guarantee it has at least 18 inches of nose rocker.

Quote Originally Posted by TX Shreddin View Post
    Sorry for the bad pictures. The boards are about 14 feet up in the air and I almost killed myself hanging them the first time so I just snapped these pics on my phone as I walked out the door this morning.

So what do you think they are worth. Heck, I might me a millionaire and not even realize it.
    SBoard1.jpgSBoard2.jpgLBoard.jpg

The first two pics are the same board at a little different angle to show you they actually have rocker and are functional boards, not just planks of wood.

I'm going to start shopping for my Lambo now!
    Last edited by Zippy; Feb 6, 2013 at 03:34 PM.