LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 17 of 128 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767117 ... LastLast
    Images
    PinkStink I have built quite a few boards. There is not a good local supplier of Paulownia near me but I found a great place in NH that sells cedar decking for real cheap. It has some knots but that just adds to the look of the boards. Below is a photo of the last board I made. Its a real fun project and even better when you get to ride weeks of hard work. I will tell you though your first board will not be that great. It takes a couple to get the techniques down. If you have a background in woodworking it will come to you much quicker. Also I now you bought plans but download AKU shaper. Its a fantastic board design program that will actually create template for hollow wooden boards that you can print out at Staples for a couple bucks. Have fun on your build and stay on tree to sea it is a wealth of information and extremely useful when building.

_STA9420.jpg

Images
    Wow rid that is a beautiful board! I would offer to buy it but I don't have an extra $475,00 lying around, lol.

RID, gorgeous board! What are the dimensions and weight?

Images
    HAHA for members of swellinfo the price is only $100,000! I mean I have to eat right.

The board is 7' x 20.5" x 2.25" Weighs about 14lbs. I put a double concave into the tail just to see if I could do it. Its really not too difficult to do if you engineer it correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by RID View Post
    PinkStink I have built quite a few boards. There is not a good local supplier of Paulownia near me but I found a great place in NH that sells cedar decking for real cheap. It has some knots but that just adds to the look of the boards. Below is a photo of the last board I made. Its a real fun project and even better when you get to ride weeks of hard work. I will tell you though your first board will not be that great. It takes a couple to get the techniques down. If you have a background in woodworking it will come to you much quicker. Also I now you bought plans but download AKU shaper. Its a fantastic board design program that will actually create template for hollow wooden boards that you can print out at Staples for a couple bucks. Have fun on your build and stay on tree to sea it is a wealth of information and extremely useful when building.

_STA9420.jpg
    Beautiful. I like your design better than ol' Roy's.

Images
    http://akushaper.com/

An amazing free tool for board design. If you are lucky enough to have access to a cnc router it can produce file for a router.

Quote Originally Posted by leethestud View Post
    come on folks, yankee is Roy Stuart. He is also the Nicaraguan bandito(s), I mean, how convenient, he owns land there, probably from the proceeds of the 1 or 2 boards he has sold. He is also SouthjettyBill, nyshredmachine, and the double D girl, and... leethestud, I just don't realize it yet.
    That was good.

Now, if I only had the power to know what tomorrow's closing prices of stocks are today...

Quote Originally Posted by MFitz73 View Post
    actually if the board was the other way around it would probably work much better....

That comment puts you in a certain category

BusinessDunce.jpg

as it is, I don't see it working at all...

blindfolded-man-BorderMaker1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Manisses View Post

for half a million dollars I could buy myself a refurbished original woody, a quiver of surfboards, and modest beach house near the coast in Rhode Island with some beer money left over for a housewarming party.

You don't have these items already?

I don't like that thruster at all, it looks like a typical aku/fishbone dog of a board.