LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 23 of 128 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373123 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippy View Post
    I could do the same thing on my $600 Bing Dharma..
    Tell him he's dreaming!

Images
    Ha ha I think your dreaming.

Images
    board looks fun to ride. I like the early entries before the fast section. looks to me like it's designed to suit a certain surfing preference. I noticed surfer in orange suit wasn't trying to do any squat and stretch cheater 5's or other arbitrary tricks, rather he was trimming and staying close to the pocket.
    how do the boards hold up over time? what's the maintenance to keep them from soaking up water?

Images
    [QUOTE=nynj;154571]
    Tell some super rich guy that it's the best thing ever and every once in a while some schmuck will buy it... QUOTE]

As PT Barnum said, there's an a## for every seat.

Roy says Joel Tudor's surfing style is a handicap.... lol.

Fake Roy you have done nothing good for yourself here. you just are trying to insist that your board shape is the best shape to ride a wave... which I think if you just want to stand in front of a pushing wall of water its ok. but you can't do anything with your board that takes advantage of a wave shape in terms of speed or def. not manueverability.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LBCrew View Post
    "parallel profile flexible torsion box construction"

please explain... the words, taken literally, mean to me, "a hollow (box) construction with parallel template (rail outline) that allows a twisting flex pattern." Is that what you mean? If this is one of the key design features, please explain the physical/hydrodynamic principles at work and the advantages they give.

regarding weight to length... how does your theory compare to the principles governing how short, heavy tow boards used in very large waves at very high speed work so well? And... what is the performance envelope of your various length and/or weight designs?

If my questions need to be reframed, please reframe them, or tell me what frame I need to fit my questions into. These are sincere, genuine questions regarding design that might help everyone understand what you've been defending for 20 pages. Let's get down to the crux of the matter!
    This x2^

It seems that most comments about Roy's boards are refuted by either the points being irrelevant or that you the commentator are wrong. For brevity, let's just say the price point and other things people may take issue are not relevant to this thread. It just seems odd that Roy makes a point to respond to most of these "irrelevant" comments, but seems to ignore the legitimate questions about his designs, like the one above...

Quote Originally Posted by gutterjack View Post
    board looks fun to ride. I like the early entries before the fast section. looks to me like it's designed to suit a certain surfing preference. I noticed surfer in orange suit wasn't trying to do any squat and stretch cheater 5's or other arbitrary tricks, rather he was trimming and staying close to the pocket.
    how do the boards hold up over time? what's the maintenance to keep them from soaking up water?
    Old people that can't physically take advantage of a performance board anymore? His videos honestly look like any random 60+ y/o beginner on an SUP.

My sh*tty SUP would outperform those lincoln logs

Beautiful left point wave in that vid. Wish we had one like that around here.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Stuart View Post
    The Makaha 12-9 at The Point yesterday:
    suggested soundtrack: