Page 32 of 127 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast
Results 311 to 320 of 1265
  1. #311
    Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post

    Anyways, Stuart's shell game is predicated on the old, but ever-more-popular scammer mentality of the shysters in our culture today, when they say hey, I don't have to prove that all of my amazing claims are right.....you have to prove that I'm wrong!
    None of what I say consititutes an 'amazing claim' if one understands what I'm actually saying instead of flying off the handle with only limited comprehension... and I prove what I'm saying in theory and in practice on a daily basis.

    I'm interested to know though, if you can tell me what one of these so called 'claims' are.

    .

  2. #312
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    MD - VA
    Posts
    8,130

    Bingo

    Quote Originally Posted by Roy Stuart View Post
    None of what I say consititutes an 'amazing claim' if one understands what I'm actually saying instead of flying off the handle with only limited comprehension... and I prove what I'm saying in theory and in practice on a daily basis.

    I'm interested to know though, if you can tell me what one of these so called 'claims' are.

    .
    ....and Bingo was his name...

    ....there you go again...

    ...In essence, anything King Roy says, he of the pretend crown torn from the cookie box, is truthful because King Roy doth say it so, and thus because he spake it, it be truth, ergo, he is right until you prove him wrong....so sayeth King Roy, legend in his own mind.

    Or, put another way, or ways:
    -- Twist a fiction long enough & wrong enough & loud enough and it starts to sound like 'facts.' (e.g., your pop science claims of "secret spots on the board surface" and other nuances of board construction that only you have mastered)
    -- Accuse your critics of not understanding your higher powers & your higher abilities.
    (e.g., your rips of people who have surfed your boards & been unilaterally unimpressed with their 'performance')
    -- The old parlor trick of braying that your aspects are correct simply because no one has 'proved' them wrong

    You, convenient to your case, ignore human common sense & obvious fact / evidence, in your case, video & first-hand product user statements in re: the sub-par performance and fallibility of your products.
    Last edited by yankee; Feb 12, 2013 at 05:09 AM.

  3. #313
    Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post

    ...In essence, anything King Roy says, he of the pretend crown torn from the cookie box, is truthful because King Roy doth say it so, and thus because he spake it, it be truth, ergo, he is right until you prove him wrong....so sayeth King Roy, legend in his own mind.
    I've never said anything of the sort.

    You can't proceed by making up statements on my behalf.



    claims of "secret spots on the board surface" and other nuances of board construction that only you have mastered)
    No such claims have been made.



    -- Accuse your critics of not understanding your higher powers & your higher abilities.
    I've never said that either, I've simply pointed out that when they do what you are doing ( i.e. make stuff up which I've supposedly said) that they have obviously not read and understood what has been written i.e. it is a reading comprehension issue on their part.



    (e.g., your rips of people who have surfed your boards & been unilaterally unimpressed with their 'performance')

    I'm entitled to point out that if the rider stands way back on the displacement tail and thus fails to ride the board as designed that it is rider error... and this hardly constitutes an outrageous claim.



    -- The old parlor trick of braying that your aspects are correct simply because no one has 'proved' them wrong

    One can hardly 'bray' using the written word, and again I've never said anything of the kind.

    When I am correct it is for reasons to do with physics, logic, experience and reporting of past events, it is ludicrous to suggest that something can be correct because of something which hasn't been done by someone else... at least make your Roy parody slightly believable, please, since direct quotes are beyond you.


    You, convenient to your case, ignore human common sense & obvious fact / evidence, in your case, video & first-hand product user statements in re: the sub-par performance and fallibility of your products.
    Would you like me to start posting the long list of positive reviews on the board which is now in San Francisco?

    As for video, the footage on this very thread is prime evidence of unusually fine longboard performance.

    .

  4. #314
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Old Jersey
    Posts
    2,257
    You never answered my questions. Your boards are priced so high to get people talking about them, like us. I get it. I am for making surfing more affordable. Things already cost alot.

  5. #315
    Quote Originally Posted by bubonicphoniks View Post

    You didn't answer my questions. Your boards are priced so highly in order to get people talking about them, like us. I get it. I am for making surfing more affordable. Things already cost a lot.
    I fixed your grammar, don't worry there's no charge the first time.

    Please remind me what your questions were.

    .

  6. #316
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Science mother****er
    Posts
    3,548
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy Stuart View Post
    I fixed your grammar, don't worry there's no charge the first time.

    Please remind me what your questions were.

    .
    You have no real business or tact training, do you?

    Don't worry, you do not need to answer that. There are long threads on 6 different forums that cover that question.

  7. #317
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Wilmington
    Posts
    2,275
    We must be so dense.

    35 pages and we still haven't figured out that the MOST efficient and progressive way to surf is to look like a motionless slug with feet on each rail, riding a glorified windsurfer from the early '80s.

    BTW, does anyone else see the irony in Roy telling everyone we have the idea surfing all wrong... yet he champions his board being ridden by someone sponsored by Wavejet?

  8. #318
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Wilmington
    Posts
    2,275
    Not to mention you would think he would choose better wood than Paulownia considering how expensive his boards are.

    Hell, Clemsonsurf used Sapele on the FIRST wooden board he has attempted--that gorgeous Mini Simmons... which I'm sure Roy thinks is very inefficient because it didn't take 12 trees to make and it's as short as one of the fin boxes on Roy's boards.

  9. #319
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    garbage state
    Posts
    857
    Images
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy Stuart View Post
    FYI I do not smoke crack, nor do I drink alcohol or use drugs of any kind, prescription or otherwise.

    Your comment is defamatory.
    You're trying to sell the world a 500k toboggan. Are you sure?

  10. #320
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Charleston
    Posts
    1,988
    Images
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Erock View Post
    Not to mention you would think he would choose better wood than Paulownia considering how expensive his boards are.

    Hell, Clemsonsurf used Sapele on the FIRST wooden board he has attempted--that gorgeous Mini Simmons... which I'm sure Roy thinks is very inefficient because it didn't take 12 trees to make and it's as short as one of the fin boxes on Roy's boards.
    I'm blushing....