LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 43 of 129 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 430 of 1289
  1. #421
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Charleston
    Posts
    1,350
    Images
    8
    What about vent plugs? Do you use a brass bolt, goretex plugs or something else? I'm about to install my vent plug and am going to go with a brass screw type vent this time.

  2. #422
    Quote Originally Posted by MFitz73 View Post


    Roy your single fin does not generate lift.

    Ok let's start with this, since it is not a matter of opinion but of fact.

    Make your case please that my single fin does not create lift.

  3. #423
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Wilmington
    Posts
    2,340
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy Stuart View Post
    Ok let's start with this, since it is not a matter of opinion but of fact.

    Make your case please that my single fin does not create lift.
    Sure, your fins create lift. It's just in funky directions due mostly to their asymmetry and incongruence throughout their foil. Whenever I want a board with reverse lift you will be the first person I come to.
    Last edited by Erock; Feb 14, 2013 at 03:43 AM. Reason: inventing words

  4. #424
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemsonSurf View Post

    What about vent plugs? Do you use a brass bolt, goretex plugs or something else? I'm about to install my vent plug and am going to go with a brass screw type vent this time.
    Hi Clemson, I've used the goretex plugs and don't like them, as they pass such a miniscule amount of air ( especially when they have been used a few times as salt or detritus can block them) that they need to be removed when out of the water but are badly design for frequent removal, being very easy to break with a very short thread. I haven't used the goretex leash plug type though.

    Your brass screw type should be fine. Does it have a hole drilled through the bolt so that it vents when backed partly out?

    For longboards I use 'deck fillers' vents these are normally used for petrol, diesel, or water inlets and are large. Some types ( the 'full cover' versions ) can be operated by hand. They are available in lightweight plastic or in stainless steel, bronze or chromed bronze. There are also some magnesium alloy ones around. One advantage of the deck filler is that it has a large hole which gives better ventilation air circulation wise when out of the water than the tiny vents.

    'Frosties' in the UK who is on the Tree to Sea forum has had some very nice stainless steel vents made, these are small and operated with a hex key.

  5. #425
    Quote Originally Posted by Erock View Post
    Sure, your fins create lift. It's just in funky directions due mostly to their asymmetricism and incongruence throughout their foil. Whenever I want a board with reverse lift you will be the first person I come to.
    Now you are just being silly, please try to be sensible.

  6. #426
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Science mother****er
    Posts
    2,685
    Is this thing still going?

  7. #427
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Wilmington
    Posts
    2,340
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy Stuart View Post
    Now you are just being silly, please try to be sensible.
    Pot calling the kettle black, perhaps?

  8. #428
    The current issue is that it has been claimed that my single fins cannot create any lift, i.e. they create zero lift.

    I'd like to see the person who posted this attempt to support this case, as it is absolutely untrue.

    .

  9. #429
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Wilmington
    Posts
    2,340
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy Stuart View Post
    The current issue is that it has been claimed that my single fins cannot create any lift, i.e. they create zero lift.

    I'd like to see the person who posted this attempt to support this case, as it is absolutely untrue.

    .
    Yeah, I got you.

    Good night

  10. #430
    Here's the Dragon 13'9" at Manu Bay point, Raglan: