LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 44 of 128 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494 ... LastLast
    What do you do when your product doesn't sell in a competitive marketplace?

1. Lower your price.
    or
    2. Raise your price.

What do you do, however, when your product is so inferior & outmoded that not only is no one interested in buying it at the standard price, no one is interested in buying it at a lower, below-market price?

1. Stop making the product
    or
    2. Raise the price so high, raise it to exorbitant, near-astronomical levels, and label the same, inferior & outmoded product a rarity worth the 'new' much higher price tag.

In Stuart's case, he chose door number 2. Then came the tried & tested selling program. Here's how its done:

A. You justify the massively higher price tag with pop-psychology terminology cloaked in pseudo-technical terms.
    B. You deride or disparage anyone who performs a review of your sub-par product as 'not knowing how to use the product properly.'
    C. You portray your previously-lousy product as a unique piece of performance art that is so different from anything on the market that it is better by its mere existence.
    D. You take the aggressive marketing stance that the purveyors of crap products the world over have taken for decades, namely, you state that your claims of product performance must be proven wrong rather than you actually proving that your claims of product performance are true.
    E. You repeat your claims so many times & at such volume & in as many product marketing venues as possible that your noise drowns out objectivity for some consumers & they then fall victim to your bogus claims of product performance.
    F. You sell to ignorant consumers who fall victim to your marketing scams.

That's Roy Stuart, and that's his business model, in a nutshell.

After many years of failing to crack the competitive market with his creations, Stuart the shaper essentially did all of the above, A - F. Perhaps it was his inspiration to do so after a long night drowning his failing business sorrows in a sea of Lion Red beer. Whilst on the piss, Stuart derived his new strategy (see above). And this is where you have it today with this guy.

As for anyone who buys a Stuart board, Barnum said it best: "There's a sucker born every minute."
    Last edited by yankee; Feb 14, 2013 at 05:23 AM.

Nope, wrong again on all counts... might as well play it again then.... and by the way Roy doesn't drink alcohol or use drugs of any description. Business is doing just fine, by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Stuart View Post
    Here's the Dragon 13'9" at Manu Bay point, Raglan:

Nope, wrong again on all counts... might as well play it again then.... and by the way Roy doesn't drink alcohol or use drugs of any description. Business is doing just fine, by the way.
    What model board have you sold, and at what price? How many?

Try saying 'please' and see how that works out for you.

Here's the Dragon 13'9" at Manu Bay point, Raglan:

Waist high, clean, with long duration. That is my idea of a perfect wave. Again, much nicer than what we normally see out here.

I figured it out! Roy's inspiration came from a platypus.

A symmetrically foiled fins does create lift. It's just at zero angle of attack, the lift on both sides is balanced and equal, and there is no motion. But once you change the angle of attack, even slightly, forces become unbalanced, and motion occurs. So technically, single fins can and do create lift.... but it's nothing compared to the amount of lift created by a single foiled fin, so this is a bit of a play on words, IMO.

The real issue here worth discussing is the comparison between the effects of a single fin and a thruster or quad or bonzer etc setup in terms of the ability to generate speed. This is a whole other discussion... the application of lift in surfboard performance. Add in the effects of that hoop shaped fin behind the single and you add a whole other set of dynamics.
    Last edited by LBCrew; Feb 14, 2013 at 11:52 AM.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post
    Waist high, clean, with long duration. That is my idea of a perfect wave. Again, much nicer than what we normally see out here.
    No kidding man. No buddy really feels our pain in Charleston. My first time surfing Wrightsville beach I passed some guys leaving the beach looking pissed about the waves. When i saw them I was pumped and stayed out there most of the day. I would call out of work for the waves in this video.

Quote Originally Posted by LBCrew View Post
    A symmetrically foiled fins does create lift. It's just at zero angle of attack, the lift on both sides is balanced and equal, and there is no motion. But once you change the angle of attack, even slightly, forces become unbalanced, and motion occurs. So technically, single fins can and do create lift.... but it's nothing compared to the amount of lift created by a single foiled fin, so this is a bit of a play on words, IMO.
    The real issue here worth discussing is the comparison between the effects of a single fin and a thruster or quad or bonzer etc setup in terms of the ability to generate speed. This is a whole other discussion... the application of lift in surfboard performance. Add in the effects of that hoop shaped fin behind the single and you add a whole other set of dynamics.

Im very dissapointed in you LBCrew. I would describe the imbalance you mention as a pull to one side or the other, but to call it lift would be like saying someone who jumps up and down was flying. Not to mention Koo Koo Roy will take your comments as support of his design.... which I have to now say again...

ROY'S BOARDS CREATE ZERO LIFT....
    Roy,don't buy it? you fly in an airplane with no wings but all the vertical fins you want. I'll fly in a regular airplane with wings.... we'll compare notes at the end....

Roy's design, while producing a cool looking artsy thing, is not anywhere near as capable as a modern longboard. The problem with all the longboarders we see in Koo Koo Roy's video is that they all seem to be bad at surfing... even the "enforcer" that Roy was talking about.

Images
    I don't know why you guys are still entertaining the surfboard shaper from Mordor.
    Last edited by DaMook; Feb 14, 2013 at 01:31 PM.