LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 46 of 129 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696 ... LastLast
Results 451 to 460 of 1289
  1. #451
    Roy, your surfboard has less lift than a canon ball...

  2. #452
    Quote Originally Posted by MFitz73 View Post

    As I said before, single fins don't cut it when it comes to lift. if a single fin is the same shape on both sides (which in surfboards they are) there is no measurable lift being imparted onto the board.

    Roy I honestly think you have zero clue as what is happening with your surfboard.
    You are not making sense... you are attributing the fact that single fins do not lift in a vertical direction against the hull ( which is true provided that they are installed vertically and do not flex) to double foiling, but it is just as true if a single is single foiled. It's actually due to the vertical orientation of the fin not the foil symmetry.

    You also ignore the fact that all fins create lift and that a major and useful component of this lift is horizontal in relation to the board. Lift in both these planes can and is used to drive the board via the muscular action of the rider, and is used for other purposes.

    In spite of the careful retrospective revision of your position you are still getting it wrong.

    Those who have stated categorically that my boards do not create lift are absolutely deluded, but experience shows that such people do not care about whether or not they are correct as long as they can attract a group willing to make the same noise as they are.

    .

  3. #453
    Quote Originally Posted by MFitz73 View Post

    Roy, your surfboard has less lift than a canon ball...
    Why are you posting statements which even you must know are false?

  4. #454
    Quote Originally Posted by MFitz73 View Post

    Roy will be the only voice and when his voice is gone so will his boards.
    I'm not the only 'voice'.

    My boards will probably last longer than I will as they are very durable, as are the designs.

  5. #455
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy Stuart View Post
    I'm not the only 'voice'.

    My boards will probably last longer than I will as they are very durable, as are the designs.
    Roy the sooner you come to grips with the fact that your boards are not considered something useful by the overwhelming majority of the surfing population, the better off you'll be.
    See you want to come here and try and convince us your surfboard design is something incredible and without blemish in a design sense. That can not happen. And you are unable to understand this... or perhaps you just don't want to. But you have provided us all with the video evidence of the shortcomings of your boards.
    If you are not allowed to redistribute your weight on your surfboard, you're out. You will not be able to do anything but be pushed by the wave.... which by the way, you claim waves don't push the surfboard....

    The only design element of your board that seems interesting is the elongated tail... but here's the thing... the typical surboard (referring to LongBoards) has a tail that can be longer than yours or shorter than yours... a very dynamic design which you dismiss (by standing in the toilet bowl stance on your board). Do you know how it works? It works by the rider being able to move about the deck of the surboard. If a rider wants to step on the gas while dropping in on a wave, the rider just positions himself further up the board. if the rider has now manipulated the wave to the desired speed, the rider just moves back over the center of the board.... when all of a sudden that high pitch scream starts coming out from under the wave... thats lift and planning taking place.... which doesnt' happen on your board.
    I just don't know where to begin to tell you how off the mark you are when you go on thinking your boards are the most advanced thing there is....when its really a frankenstien of surfboard design....
    Last edited by MFitz73; Feb 14, 2013 at 09:27 PM.

  6. #456
    Quote Originally Posted by MFitz73 View Post

    Roy the sooner you come to grips with the fact that your boards are not considered something useful by the overwhelming majority of the surfing population, the better off you'll be.
    The opinion of the majority is irrelevant as a design consideration, so I disagree.


    See you want to come here and try and convince us your surfboard design is something incredible and without blemish in a design sense.
    No, I'm simply correcting misinformation.




    If you are not allowed to redistribute your weight on your surfboard, you're out.
    Of course weight redistribution happens constantly, because the boards are so well balanced this redistribution does not require excessive and inefficient board walking, or the celebration of that walking which becomes a design trap or loop.


    You will not be able to do anything but be pushed by the wave

    The premise that I don't redistribute weight is incorrect and so is the conclusion.



    If a rider wants to step on the gas while dropping in on a wave, the rider just positions himself further up the board. if the rider has now manipulated the wave to the desired speed, the rider just moves back over the center of the board
    Increases in speed can also require moving aft in order to reduce planing area.. it is not as simple as you make out, and the myth that nose riding is a move for speed is just that... and the error is related to increases in wetted surface and subsequent drag area overcoming the drag advantage of a low angle of attack


    .... when all of a sudden that high pitch scream starts coming out from under the wave
    That is usually due to a fin foiling error.


    ... thats lift and planning taking place.... which doesnt' happen on your board.

    Absolutely incorrect on both counts.

    All surfboards plane at surfing speeds, and lift ( presumably you are now referring to vertical lift which takes load off the hull rather than horizontal lift, please specify what lift you are referring to in future) is produced in my boards via dynamic planing lift from the hull, buoyant lift via displacement and lift from the fin(s) in the case of my tunnel finned boards and those with canted side fins.
    Last edited by Roy Stuart; Feb 14, 2013 at 09:43 PM.

  7. #457
    Jeeze Roy, you got an ans. for everything... even the things Im making up. Shows how much bull Sh.ii.t you are willing to shovel to just keep yourself feeling like you are the end all.
    But I do want to come back to that high pitch scream that comes from the board.... everytime its made Im moving at a high rate of speed. Now you can't notice this during the surf... but I'll admit it, I put a camera on board every once in a while... and I see and hear when it takes place. It doesnt last too long but signifies a certain speed has been achieved... and Im usually outrunning the foam ball on a very fast breaking wave when this happens...
    How can "foil error" be the cause of this, wouldnt an error be something that cause poor performance?
    LOL. I await your invented ans.

  8. #458
    Quote Originally Posted by MFitz73 View Post

    But I do want to come back to that high pitch scream that comes from the board.... everytime its made Im moving at a high rate of speed. Now you can't notice this during the surf... but I'll admit it, I put a camera on board every once in a while... and I see and hear when it takes place. It doesnt last too long but signifies a certain speed has been achieved... and Im usually outrunning the foam ball on a very fast breaking wave when this happens...
    How can "foil error" be the cause of this, wouldnt an error be something that cause poor performance?

    It's a common phenomenon which I and many others have experienced at times, it is speed specific and is due to a non beneficial vortex being set up by the fin, this causes a vibration which enters the audible frequency range at certain speeds.

    It's quite an interesting speed indicator, but does reduce efficiency slightly.

    The error is usually at the trailing edge, it could be a slight dent or nick, or a 'hook' in the foiling at the trailing edge.

    I had a load example of it on the 'Duke' 9'3" recently, it wasn't a fin foiling error as such it was due to the angle of the cutaway on the D fin at certain speeds and angles of trim. Lowering the nose trim cured it, in future I'm going to adjust the angle of the cutaway slightly to cure it.

    By the way when a hollow wooden board gets fin whine or hum, it is amplified a lot as the board acts as a speaker.

    .

  9. #459
    By the way people on threads like this often become over confident in spite of being wrong, due to the feeling that 'everyone' agrees with them.. this is because there's usually a small group of vocal supporters of the misinformation.

    What they don't realise is that many people are watching but not posting and that some of those viewers have a better understanding of what is being discussed, these people frequently contact me via PM or email ... so don't think that you are winning.. after all most of what you are posting is false and the consensus which you perceive is largely an illusion... and even if it exists is irrelevant anyway, in terms of truth at least.

    It's not a popularity contest it is a surfboard design discussion.

    .

  10. #460
    Roy the only boards with foil errors are yours. Also ive been getting messages since that space balls darth vader picture was posted about how full of Shiiiiit you are and how anyone in discussion with you is wasting ones time.