LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 48 of 128 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898 ... LastLast
    Who is to blame for this? I feel like there must be one degree of separation from SI to Roy.
    Last edited by Manisses; Feb 15, 2013 at 02:13 AM. Reason: stoned

Roy I am still waiting for you to answer my question. How many boards have you sold, what type, and for the same price they are currently listed?

http://www.roystuart.biz/2011/04/sha...uart-with.html

You actually named yourself "shaper of the year" and posted it on your website?

Also, you show incredible disrespect here, http://www.roystuart.biz/2009/12/gar...-pipeline.html, for saying that Garrett McNamara is riding your board wrong. Garrett McNamara holds the record for the biggest wave ever surfed, he is a better surfer than you, he can tell you what your doing wrong, not vice-versa.
    Last edited by bubonicphoniks; Feb 15, 2013 at 02:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MFitz73 View Post

Roy lift on a foil is dependent on 1 factor and 1 factor only.... The difference of pressure between the 2 sides of the same foil.

Not exactly, because the magnitude of the lift produced depends also upon the size of the foil... in other words the same pressure difference over a larger foil leads to greater lift.

In addition, the existence of and magnitude of the pressure difference depends upon the factors which I mentioned previously, which include angle of attack and speed.

Quote Originally Posted by bubonicphoniks View Post
    http://www.roystuart.biz/2011/04/sha...uart-with.html

You actually named yourself "shaper of the year" and posted it on your website?
    Yep, Olosurfer shaper of the year, an award for which there is only one candidate.

Also, you show incredible disrespect here, http://www.roystuart.biz/2009/12/gar...-pipeline.html, for saying that Garrett McNamara is riding your board wrong.

HYe was riding it incorrectly, it's a factual matter not an emotional matter.

Garrett McNamara holds the record for the biggest wave ever surfed, he is a better surfer than you, he can tell you what your doing wrong, not vice-versa.
    In this case he isn't and he can't.

His error can't be changed by waving his supposed status around.

I respect Garrett enough to tell the truth rather than being a limp wristed psychophant.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatSlyB View Post
    Roy I am still waiting for you to answer my question. How many boards have you sold, what type, and for the same price they are currently listed?
    I replied by suggesting that you might use the word 'please' and see how that works out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Stuart View Post
    Yep, Olosurfer shaper of the year, an award for which there is only one candidate.

HYe was riding it incorrectly, it's a factual matter not an emotional matter.

In this case he isn't and he can't.

His error can't be changed by waving his supposed status around.

I respect Garrett enough to tell the truth rather than being a limp wristed psychophant.

So you are saying that you think your achievements in surfing surpass Garrett McNamara's and you are qualified to critique his surfing because you know how to and can do it better than he can?

Also, I won the existence as bubonicphoniks award of the millennium, care to congratulate me?
    Last edited by bubonicphoniks; Feb 15, 2013 at 02:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LBCrew View Post

You know the difference between the lift force created by symmetrically foiled and asymmetrically foiled fins... and how those forces change and compare at varying angles of attack. Why can't you just talk about that? Why confound a very simple principle with at least four more factors, with no context or explanation?

I was responding to a post which asserted that the reason why single fins do not lift vertically against the hull is because they are foiled on both sides, and to some other incorrect content in that post.

What you have done is take my reply on its own so that there is no context, and then complain that there is no context.

If you want a 'teaching moment' try reading the conversation again, maybe you'll get it then.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Stuart View Post
    Not exactly, because the magnitude of the lift produced depends also upon the size of the foil... in other words the same pressure difference over a larger foil leads to greater lift.

In addition, the existence of and magnitude of the pressure difference depends upon the factors which I mentioned previously, which include angle of attack and speed.
    Roy you are a total loser.

I'm curious, how did you imagine this thread would turn out? I didn't know of you before this thread and now I know you to be a stubborn mule, which is okay unless you're clueless.... Which I think you are. You really aight to take my advice.

Quote Originally Posted by MFitz73 View Post
    No Roy this goes back to your mis understanding (I'm being kind to you) of the thruster set up. What I'd like you to do is get yourself a thin stick of decent length. Now swing it through the air at a good speed. I want you to think about why noise was created. You've demonstrated deep misunderstanding of the simple concepts. I'm here to help you. Who knows maybe even help you make a better board.
    Sorry but your fin noise at certain speeds is, as I said, because there is an issue with the trailing edge of the fin or fins.... this happens often and it is curable by attending to the trailing edge with sandpaper, countless people have done just this as I have... and all of this is entirely compatible with a stick making a noise when it is swung through the air..

You are 'in denial' over this.
    Last edited by Roy Stuart; Feb 15, 2013 at 03:09 AM.