LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 58 of 104 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast
    I think he may be using enriched kiwi pavlova cake flour, not wood flour .... 'charles'
    Last edited by yankee; Aug 21, 2013 at 01:48 AM.

Images
    Why put my name in ' ' I suppose your questioning who I really am. Why assume I'm not myself based on the fact that I clearly admire Roy's work. Do yourself a favor and learn a little about wooden boards, it's a very rewarding thing especially when they come from your own hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Taylor View Post
    Why put my name in ' ' I suppose your questioning who I really am. Why assume I'm not myself based on the fact that I clearly admire Roy's work. Do yourself a favor and learn a little about wooden boards, it's a very rewarding thing especially when they come from your own hands.
    zzzzzzzzzzzzz
    Do yourself a flavor & keep pumping the flour in there, 'chuck,' and buena suerte with your sailing.

hahaha 'Yankee'

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post
    zzzzzzzzzzzzz
    Do yourself a flavor & keep pumping the flour in there, 'chuck,' and buena suerte with your sailing.
    You are pretty much the meanest guy on this forum. What's up with that?

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Taylor View Post
    Roy are you adding wood flour into the epoxy batch with the red dye ?
    Hi Charles, yes I am, about 30% wood flour 20% pigment powder and 50% WEST 401. The 401 improves the spreadability immensely.

Images
    I'm willing to bet that Roy has never sold one of these "surfboards".

20 dollars worth of materials, 1,399,980 worth of chraftsmanship and labor. Estimated time of construction - 20 hours. Roy is working at a rate of 69,999 dollars per hour. And that must mean Roy thinks very highly of himself.

Roy, maybe when you are long gone the Met will have a feature on you - a frontiersman/innovator of creating useable art from the surfboard medium. But until then, nobody will care. And I suspect even the Met will get a substantial discount off your rate card.

Images
    Well despite what Roy Charges for his boards any one can buy his build plans which is pretty sweet if ya ask me. For a very fair price too. So basically if you can't manage to build a wooden board and you don't have allot of spare cash Roy's designs are not for you most likely. I'm glad that he asks so much for them because now the rarity of his designs have gone way up and there's less guys building them compared to grain surfboard fish frame kits which are undoubtably a more 'mindless' approach to whipping a wooden board together. Not that I think grain kits are bad I've seen some pretty sweet boards from them, but properly building a Roy board is not easy and takes practice. Trust me I've tried a few using his method and the first one is so ugly I can't stand to look at it but hey it works ok for a first timer approach and it was a learning experience. Plus those tear drop olo plan shapes by Roy are amazing and very unique.

Wrong on every point Manisses.

Rob...don't take up gambling for a living.