LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 61 of 128 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111 ... LastLast
    Images
    Yankee something tells me you Havet achieved your grade 10

Well, the new 'Rampant' 10-5 will have a modified version of Tom Morey's 'heater' rail.

I will point out here, for the record, that upon the morning of Chuck's big surf at Gooch's, for which I told him I would be there....I was, and I didn't see any 6'6" wooden chubs floating around. All morning actually. Not saying anyone is fake, I just am noting his absence after declaring his intended presence. Or maybe he calls post 11 am "morning".

Only relaying my own experiences, DISCLAIMER, before any wood board lovers crucify me for my "doubts".

Faceless anonymous fat bellied trolls ... one would hardly waste nails crucifying them for their vapid opinions.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by newenglandflatness View Post
    I will point out here, for the record, that upon the morning of Chuck's big surf at Gooch's, for which I told him I would be there....I was, and I didn't see any 6'6" wooden chubs floating around. All morning actually. Not saying anyone is fake, I just am noting his absence after declaring his intended presence. Or maybe he calls post 11 am "morning".

Only relaying my own experiences, DISCLAIMER, before any wood board lovers crucify me for my "doubts".
    Like I said in my thread featuring the build of the 6 6 parallel profile chub id either be at gooches or York. I was at York beach at first light in the cutty sark corner where it usually works nice, but as you'll recall that Saturday morning was an awful underpowered wind swell and the 6-6 struggled with every other short board.

Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post
    Agreed on steve83. Although the prez of steve83's fan club chapter may well be the shining noggin of clemson surf. More power to those country boyz!

I just read this. I'm starting to sound like SJB. Not good. No dis to Billy.
    Take it away wayne hijacker, emass8' and clemson.
    God save the king.
    Clemson is real, and I believe him that Steve is real. Steve may be a weirdo, but he does appear to live here in SC. I just don't think he is a very good surfer, and he was trying to use the board in the wrong type of waves. Despite what some people think, there is no such thing as a board that is perfect for all waves. I think Steve's schooner is better set up to ride clean waist/chest high waves without steep drops. Not exactly what we see here in SC very often. Steve really should have that thing out this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Stuart View Post
    Faceless anonymous fat bellied trolls ... one would hardly waste nails crucifying them for their vapid opinions.
    Sounds like you. I didn't see any lean and mean midsection in that vibrant jumpsuit.

urggghhhh.... this thread again? the forums have turned into a big fat joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Stuart View Post
    Jeez Roy, what good is my taking the time to write a disclaimer if you're going to ignore it!

Charles, I only now went back and saw your follow up post on that thread about goochs, so it's all good. I have faith in you anyway, man, you seem to know a bit on New England surf locales.

Just fanning the flames and having some fun, everyone cool out now....

Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post
    Clemson is real, and I believe him that Steve is real. Steve may be a weirdo, but he does appear to live here in SC. I just don't think he is a very good surfer, and he was trying to use the board in the wrong type of waves. Despite what some people think, there is no such thing as a board that is perfect for all waves. I think Steve's schooner is better set up to ride clean waist/chest high waves without steep drops. Not exactly what we see here in SC very often. Steve really should have that thing out this week.
    +1 To everything you said, only I doubt Steve will be out there this week