Page 75 of 127 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785125 ... LastLast
Results 741 to 750 of 1265
  1. #741
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Taylor View Post

    How many times did rarrick actually get to surf the FP 13 ?
    He could have ridden it as many times as he liked but in fact took it out only once and rode 6 waves, he fell off on most of them.



    My guess is not that many, i think the video indicates it was his first time out.
    That's correct. It takes a little longer than that to adjust to the board, as is often the case when moving to a new design. look at how many threads there are on how to ride a mini sim for example... many people struggle at first but persevere because they want to learn how to do it. Randy didn't persevere.



    Roy's designs are made for pure surfing and not the Malibu board walking style rarrick is probably used too. In the beginning of the video i see rarrick putting wax on the tail .. ? Pretty sure a displacement tail surfboard never needs a riders foot that far back.
    That's right.


    I agree rarrick gave a decent review and he seemed genuine which is nice but I don't think he was riding it right is all.
    You should have seen the written review, it was scathing and as I said stated that the board would go better if cut in half.

    Really considering his influential position Rarick did not do the decent thing by judging the board without having learnt to ride it properly.

    .

  2. #742
    Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    Yes, you did use the word "anyway", this is your exact quote ya donkey. You aren't sly enough to get over on me, maybe some others, but not me. Just admit you contradicted yourself, and we'll be done here.
    I said 'anyway' but was quoted as using the Americanism 'anyways'.

    Please read more carefully.

    I gave permission for Randy to ride the board after he requested the ride. I did not ask him to ride the board as claimed here. There is no contradiction.

  3. #743
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Central FL
    Posts
    11,201
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy Stuart View Post
    5) It was stated earlier in this thread that Randy rode the board at my request. That is not correct, I had no contact with him until afterwards and did not request that he ride the board. The board was of course available to anyone who wished to try it.
    This is what you said, once again. YOU read more carefully, seeing as you can't even reconcile your own statements, I will keep posting your quotes until you do.

    You can't let someone do something if you didn't have knowledge of them wanting to do so beforehand. He took it upon himself to ride the board... THAT is what happened. So just say that next time, don't insult him by telling everybody in the world that you LET HIM do anything, that's just wrong. You don't own him and you aren't capable letting him do a thing.

  4. #744
    Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    This is what you said, once again. YOU read more carefully, seeing as you can't even reconcile your own statements, I will keep posting your quotes until you do.

    You can't let someone do something if you didn't have knowledge of them wanting to do so beforehand. He took it upon himself to ride the board... THAT is what happened. So just say that next time, don't insult him by telling everybody in the world that you LET HIM do anything, that's just wrong. You don't own him and you aren't capable letting him do a thing.
    You are wrong again.

    Randy needed my permission to ride the board, and I gave it after he asked to ride it.

    That's how the tour worked... the caretaker of the board would contact me saying that a particular person would like to have the board and ride it.

    Randy contacted the caretaker and asked him if he could ride the board, display it at the pipeline masters, and have several pro surfers ride it at pipeline during the event. I granted permission through the intermediary of the caretaker.

    That is not the same as asking randy to ride the board, which I didn't do.

    You are 'flogging a dead horse' by trying to find any contradiction there.There isn't any.

  5. #745
    Quote Originally Posted by zaGaffer View Post

    This is one of things that I take as an affront. WTF is pure surfing Chuck? Who the fvch are you or Roy or me or anybody to define what “pure surfing” is? There’s as much beauty and grace and “pure surfing” in punting a big air and camping on the nose as there is standing in the middle of the board. Some would argue more. It requires an incredible mastery of your board, the wave and your body to do what you don’t consider “pure surfing”.
    I started using the term 'pure surfing' many years ago and this is what I meant by it: Surfing stripped to essentials.

    Of course you can use the term to mean anything you like, I don't own it.

    .

  6. #746
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Central FL
    Posts
    11,201
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy Stuart View Post
    5) It was stated earlier in this thread that Randy rode the board at my request. That is not correct, I had no contact with him until afterwards and did not request that he ride the board. The board was of course available to anyone who wished to try it.

    7) I was warned by an insider in Hawaii that Randy is not to be trusted. I let him ride the board anyway as the event was open to all.
    Stop changing your story to fit your argument. You can't go back and add more info to justify your contradiction. You knew nothing of him riding your board until well after the fact, this you made clear. Just admit it, you're wrong, it's ok, it isn't the first and certainly won't be the last.

    20080202231407!Beating-a-dead-horse.gif

  7. #747
    Video interlude, the 12-9 'Makaha' at the point:


  8. #748
    Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    Stop changing your story to fit your argument. You can't go back and add more info to justify your contradiction. You knew nothing of him riding your board until well after the fact, this you made clear. Just admit it, you're wrong, it's ok, it isn't the first and certainly won't be the last.

    20080202231407!Beating-a-dead-horse.gif
    I have never 'changed my story' and the facts are as stated, I received a message from the caretaker of the board that randy wanted to ride it, display it at the pipeline masters and have some pro surfers ride it during the event.

    I granted permission for him to do so... thus he did not ride the board 'at my request' as someone stated on this thread, and yes I did 'let' him ride the board as I had the power to veto it.. as I had throughout the board tour.

    .

  9. #749
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Central FL
    Posts
    11,201
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy Stuart View Post
    Video interlude, the 12-9 'Makaha' at the point:

    Yawn, I've seen better surfing from a 8 year old

  10. #750