LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 84 of 128 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694 ... LastLast
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by quiksilver1231 View Post
    the boards are pretty reasonably priced, you should buy one and see all the wonderful advantages for yourself! and please, disadvantages? it's roy stuart there are clearly no disadvantages...
    they still cant turn, i forget who the other dude that was really persistent with saying that,but after i saw that vid it really confirms it sucks eggs and yes my friend everything about it is a disadvantage. look no sarcasm needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Inanimate Object View Post
    Hey Roy, you make some beautiful boards. The video of you riding the hotkurl looks fun and real smooth. Would you mind explaining the advantages and disadvantages of your boards vs. the standard board most of us see today? Also have you built any shortboards using your approach to board building?
    I started using my method after having been a short boarder for 20 plus years and built single fins from7' to 7'10" for the first few years. I've also built quite a few in the 6 foot range but they haven't been my main focus.

If we are looking at the 10'5" in the video the main advantages all stem from elimination of the noseriding/trick surfing handicap. The difference in he water compared with standard longboards can be seen in the video: they carve effortlessly without the need for time consuming board walking.

Quote Originally Posted by sandblasters View Post

they still cant turn... after i saw that vid it really confirms it sucks eggs and yes my friend everything about it is a disadvantage.
    If you've seen the video and yet type what you did above then you are seriously deluded, a habit which can be dangerous to one's well being.

Open your eyes perhaps.

A few waves on the 10'5"

Thanks for the video. Next time I run out of weed an can't fall asleep.......zzzzzzzzz

Images
    Who's the other dude on the roy board in the helmet? Any footage of him? I'd be interested to see someone other than you riding your shapes.

Roy how do you convince other people to wear those space helmets out in the lineup?

Quote Originally Posted by ClemsonSurf View Post
    Who's the other dude on the roy board in the helmet? Any footage of him? I'd be interested to see someone other than you riding your shapes.
    My son James (23yrs), who was a dedicated wave rider until age 14 when a foot injury stopped him... he's just getting back into it this year. Tristan (17yrs) also caught a few waves, ( no lid or wetsuit) he is mostly into boxing but has potential as a surfer and is quite keen.

I've checked with the lads and they don't mind me posting their rides so I'm uploading them now.

Inside Whale Bay is a fun little section, and I'm glad that we could use it as the point at Manu Bay was taken over by a club comp.

Quote Originally Posted by MFitz73 View Post
    Roy how do you convince other people to wear those space helmets out in the lineup?
    Blackmail, bribery, standover tactics and general corruption, until we run out of helmets.

Images
    There's a documentary about wooden boards in Maine and you'll all be able to see me on the Makaha !!! It's coming out in June but so far some good rides have been filmed and I even snag a tube section and shoot the pier. This video has all sorts of wooden shapes and various kooks like me chugging along in some Maine coast rollers.