LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 111 of 128 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 1274
  1. #1101
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    VA Beach
    Posts
    1,057
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy Stuart View Post
    ...and this is a loong surfboard
    Love those l-o-n-g rides. I enjoy your vids.

  2. #1102
    Thanks very much.

  3. #1103
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    MD - VA
    Posts
    3,313
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy Stuart View Post
    Really?

    That's the 2014 Board Room surfboard show in Del Mar, it used to be called 'sacred craft'.

    Next to my board is Bill Thrailkill's latest.
    Really? I was referencing the Asian Beetles that no doubt infest your plank, gnome. Jeez if I have to explain...

  4. #1104
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    MD - VA
    Posts
    3,313
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy Stuart View Post
    I've taken the whole thing apart many times. Unfortunately its proponents are generally not that bright so think that theory is merely a matter of keyword parroting.

    I can explain in detail if you like.

    You wouldn't know fast if you saw it.

    .
    ....then you're not as whip-smart brilliant as you believe you are, shonky.

  5. #1105
    Wow, sure looks like I hit a major nerve with The Orange Gnome.

    First, you claim this:

    Quote Originally Posted by Roy Stuart View Post
    Obviously a poor observation since the board is running almost all of the time on 9 feet of extremely flat rocker... flatter than you'll see on any longboard on this forum.
    Then, in response to the "flat rocker" theory I stated, you responded:

    Quote Originally Posted by Roy Stuart View Post
    The theory which you are alluding to is totally shonky.
    So, which is it? First you state that your ripped-off airplane wing from the Spruce Goose is State Of The Art because of it's "9 feet of extremely flat rocker", then you immediately contradict yourself by stating that the theory of flat rocker and full outline is "shonky" (whatever the fk that means). Way to go, Einstein.


    Quote Originally Posted by Roy Stuart View Post
    You wouldn't know fast if you saw it.

    Pretty damning statement from somebody that doesn't know a damn thing about me.

  6. #1106
    Royboy, KR seems to have been around the block a time or two and he's not a pompous bro of any sort. Heck, if he tolerated me he's gotta be pretty easygoing! Dude knows his surf.

  7. #1107

    Wow, sure looks like I hit a major nerve
    Not at all, I'm merely answering factually.



    First you state that your ripped-off airplane wing from the Spruce Goose is State Of The Art because of it's "9 feet of extremely flat rocker", then you immediately contradict yourself by stating that the theory of flat rocker and full outline is "shonky" (whatever the fk that means). Way to go, Einstein.
    The first premise of your argument ( namely that I claim that my board is state of the art because of its extremely flat rocker) is false. I made no such claim.

    However I do say that my board has nine feet of extremely flat rocker.

    I am in no way contradicting myself by saying that the theory of 'flat rocker with parallel rails in planshape is fastest' is shonky while riding and making boards with extremely flat rocker sections. The theory which I am criticising contains two requirements i.e. flat rocker AND parallel rails... my board has only one of those features. Furthermore I made no claim about the behaviour of flat rocker, I merely stated that my board has a 9 foot section of extremely flat rocker.

    I haven't gone into the reasons why in my opinion the theory of flat rocker and parallel rails being fastest is shonky. I can do so if you like.



    Pretty damning statement from somebody that doesn't know a damn thing about me.
    The statement is based on the fact that you watched a video of a board which is very fast ( and was one of only a couple out of 40 plus that day able to make the first section, the other being a shortboard ridden by a pro) and then suggested that the board is slow due to rocker and rail based 'pushing water' issues.

    Your comments revealed some of your thinking processes, so I do know something about you.
    Last edited by Roy Stuart; May 31, 2014 at 10:15 PM.

  8. #1108
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    MD - VA
    Posts
    3,313
    Randy Rarick test ride video. 'Nuff said.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7o79dqpjGI

  9. #1109
    Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post

    Randy Rarick test ride video. 'Nuff said.
    Still wheeling out your dishonest poster boy's nonsense I see.

  10. #1110
    I'm just curious as to the dishonest part of his review? It merely looks like the wave and the board dont mix. I'm sure that board is very hard to turn especially with that monster fin, but wasnt that an intended design characteristic? I just dont see how he was telling any untruths. He actually was very positive about the whole thing.

    I bet on a rolly wave like makaha, or a long point break it would get a much better review. I still say theres a bit to much rocker for all intended purposes, but we've had this discussion before roy.