LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 112 of 128 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 1274
    Just making an observation, sorry if I hurt your feelers there bud.

I still think a 5'6" twin keel fish would go a lot faster and displace a heck of a lot less water.

But I'm not into shaping Tom Blake-style 1930's redwood planks, either.

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    Just making an observation, sorry if I hurt your feelers there bud.

I still think a 5'6" twin keel fish would go a lot faster and displace a heck of a lot less water.

But I'm not into shaping Tom Blake-style 1930's redwood planks, either.
    No hurt feelings, and you are entitled to your opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by leetymike808 View Post

I'm sure that board is very hard to turn especially with that monster fin, but wasnt that an intended design characteristic?
    It's very easy to turn as many people who have ridden it have stated.

Ease of turning was an intended design characteristic.

Rarick makes it hard to turn by turning from too far back on the tail, in spite of clear advice regarding the riding position. Changing one's surfing habits to suit a new design can take more than just half a dozen rides, yet he blames the board rather than his own learning curve.

I bet on a rolly wave like makaha, or a long point break it would get a much better review.
    She's an excellent all rounder, actually, so no specific conditions are required.

I still say theres a bit to much rocker for all intended purposes, but we've had this discussion before roy.
    It's a matter of demonstrable fact that the rocker is low to moderate when compared with other longboards.

Saying otherwise is simply false.

Maybe modern high performance lb's, but throw it next to a more classic designed lb and i'd say yours is pushing a bit more than average.

Honestly i dont care that much. You say it rocks and i've never ridden it, so i cant say much on any of that. Just appearance alone.

We would all be a lot better off if we just admitted that Roy knows EVERYTHING about surfboards, builds the best boards in the history of the universe and should be appointed Queen of the World! The rest of us are sheep blinded by what Slater and the surf industry/mags have told us to ride.

Oh and for those that are new to this site or thread and do not want to read 112 pages of bullsh!t, that was sarcasm! Roy is a self obsessed tool who is too damn close minded to listen to anyone say a single negative word about his "art".

Quote Originally Posted by leetymike808 View Post

Maybe modern high performance lb's, but throw it next to a more classic designed lb and i'd say yours is pushing a bit more than average.

Way less rocker than 'hplb' boards and average to low side for classic noseriders.

Hardly a basis for saying that the board has too much rocker for Hawaii... but it's not about the truth it's about who's who.

Quote Originally Posted by rcarter View Post
    We would all be a lot better off if we just admitted that Roy knows EVERYTHING about surfboards, builds the best boards in the history of the universe and should be appointed Queen of the World! The rest of us are sheep blinded by what Slater and the surf industry/mags have told us to ride.

Oh and for those that are new to this site or thread and do not want to read 112 pages of bullsh!t, that was sarcasm! Roy is a self obsessed tool who is too damn close minded to listen to anyone say a single negative word about his "art".
    Exactly. But be careful when you say 'sheep' it inspires kiwis like gnome to perform obscene acts on bended knee.

The gnome boards are slow moving crap. If they were any good at all surfers would be all over them, buying them, surfing them, posting up about them.

The Internet unfortunately allows gnome to post, post, post ad nauseum his baseless claims of brilliant superiority over any other shaper on the planet. He posts edited videos of his dinosaur planks & then sings his own praises. Of course, it's a conspiracy that his planks aren't considered the finest in the sport.

He's nuts. Delusional. Crazy. Loon material. If it weren't for the Internet no one would even know of this goober.
    Last edited by yankee; Jun 1, 2014 at 03:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post
    Exactly. But be careful when you say 'sheep' it inspires kiwis like gnome to perform obscene acts on bended knee.
    Awww man now I got the image of a bearded orange jump suited gnome butt banging a sheep in my head! Damn you Yankee

Quote Originally Posted by rcarter View Post
    Awww man now I got the image of a bearded orange jump suited gnome butt banging a sheep in my head! Damn you Yankee
    Sorry for the gnomemares, Carter, sorry. Shot of bourbon & call it a night.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Stuart View Post
    Way less rocker than 'hplb' boards and average to low side for classic noseriders.

Hardly a basis for saying that the board has too much rocker for Hawaii... but it's not about the truth it's about who's who.
    I'm not sayin it has to much rocker for hawaii...i personally think it appears to have to much rocker in general for a long board. Like i said personal opinion. You are entitle to design and make what you'd like. And i'm not arguing that. Im really just talkin boards. it interests me.