LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 124 of 128 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 1274
    Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post

You haven't discussed design here much at all.
    I've discussed design as much as possible, remember it takes more than one for a discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post

Nobody really gives a rat's arse about the opinion of some unknown wanker from Invercargill, the Sheep Buggering Capital of The World.
    RB is only one of many who gave great reviews on the FP Ghost 13.

Whether you accept them or not is up to you and is of scant concern to me.

Quote Originally Posted by tlokein View Post

The review looks like the same one (and the only one AFAIK) that's been on his blog for a while and frankly sounds like a fluff piece from a bad PR firm. Who knows if its even real?
    It's real and I have many more good ride reports.

Only thing you're gonna get is video after video of him trimming down the line...

Yep, trimming AND turning... one of the world's top longboarders ( from Santa cruz) commented on these designs recently that they " turn amazingly well from the sweet spot"

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Stuart View Post
    It's real and I have many more good ride reports.

Yep, trimming AND turning... one of the world's top longboarders ( from Santa cruz) commented on these designs recently that they " turn amazingly well from the sweet spot"
    Yes but is there any vid of said top longboarder riding it???????

we should rename this thread to dissing roy's surfboard....

Quote Originally Posted by leetymike808 View Post
    Yes but is there any vid of said top longboarder riding it???????
    He was commenting on this video, I sent him a Warp Drive fin which he used regularly and likes.

Once again roy thats just YOU riding YOUR board. And rather interestingly as well, in my opinion.

On a couple parts theres a guy in the background that is wearing a helmet as well, is he on one of your boards? Do you make him wear that helmet? His board looked shorter than yours.

Quote Originally Posted by leetymike808 View Post
    Once again roy thats just YOU riding YOUR board. And rather interestingly as well, in my opinion.
    Thanks

On a couple parts theres a guy in the background that is wearing a helmet as well, is he on one of your boards? Do you make him wear that helmet? His board looked shorter than yours.

Two of my sons were out, one with helmet one without, one on a 7'8" one on a 9'3".

In the video above if one focuses on the tail the dynamic way in which the displacement tail and tunnel work together can be seen... much more active than a standard longboard tail.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy Stuart View Post
    In the video above if one focuses on the tail the dynamic way in which the displacement tail and tunnel work together can be seen... much more active than a standard longboard tail.

How does that board, with the displacement tail and tunnel work on non reef/points? That wave had a proper line on it to promote neat and tidy trimming and lines. How does that kind of board/fin setup perform under other circumstances, when more radical turns and balancing is require to keep a trimmed line on the wave...

I.E. how does it handle at a beach break of the same size. And not a Sandy Point. Just a typical, beach break. I ask this because about 95% of your audience on this site would probably like to know how this design and technology would be applied to their local regions.