LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 125 of 128 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125126127 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,250 of 1274
    Quote Originally Posted by zach619 View Post
    How does that board, with the displacement tail and tunnel work on non reef/points? That wave had a proper line on it to promote neat and tidy trimming and lines. How does that kind of board/fin setup perform under other circumstances, when more radical turns and balancing is require to keep a trimmed line on the wave...

I.E. how does it handle at a beach break of the same size. And not a Sandy Point. Just a typical, beach break. I ask this because about 95% of your audience on this site would probably like to know how this design and technology would be applied to their local regions.
    Thanks for asking.

These designs were developed in beach breaks over a wide range of conditions. They make it easy in any sort of wave. Because they turn from the sweet spot radical turns and balancing aren't required for correct wave positioning, the boards find their line naturally with instinctive input.

Here's the Earl 10'6". It's a single fin but the same principles apply.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy Stuart View Post
    Thanks for asking.

These designs were developed in beach breaks over a wide range of conditions. They make it easy in any sort of wave. Because they turn from the sweet spot radical turns and balancing aren't required for correct wave positioning, the boards find their line naturally with instinctive input.

Here's the Earl 10'6". It's a single fin but the same principles apply.

Cool. Thanks. The board does seem similarly responsive on the beach break. That last wave was a close call!

Cool. Thanks. The board does seem similarly responsive on the beach break. That last wave was a close call!
    More beachbreak:

Images
    Wow, that is some pretty clean, well behaved beach break. Are you in OZ? Where is that? That may as well be a cobblestone point of something. Thats pretty wild.

The same spot on the tunnel finned Hotkurl, the first session on te board from memory so just dialling in:

High tide swell gliding, again at te 'Blowhole' this time on the 13'9" Dragon weighing 55 pounds:

A couple of my detractors in Dunedin NZ having a go on the Ghost 13... standing too far back but having fun anyway:

Wow, that is some pretty clean, well behaved beach break. Are you in OZ? Where is that? That may as well be a cobblestone point of something. Thats pretty wild.
    That's the 'Blowhole' at Mount Maunganui, my home town.

Images
    But Main Beach and Blow hole are point breaks with sand/rock bottom, aren't they?

By Beach break, I meant more like an East Coast US beach break. Like, with no form and like 2 sections on it =) No rocks. No Point. Just a wide open, sandy beach with no general focal point. I know New Zealand is good, but they have to have a crappy beach break somewhere.

A stormier day at the Blowhole, the rights work on North swells but on East swells some lefts happen.

Mount Maunganui/Tauranga is a great place to live and surf, if any of you are considering emigrating to NZ it's a good choice, it has one of the biggest ports in the Southern Hemisphere and s a boom town of about 100,000 people. a short boat ride or paddle gets one to the famous tubes of 'Puni's farm' ( Matakana Island) and the coast has miles of uncrowded beachbreak right in town. Plus it's only an hour and a half to Raglan and a similar distance to epic becahes and bar breaks in the Coromandel.