LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 13 of 129 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast
    It doesn't even matter if this board can perform ok. It is still a scam. The guy thinks people walk longboards to keep balance. I can ride in one spot on my friend's Allison and keep perfect balance. Maybe poor nooB surfers are just better at longboarding.

Agreed: scammer.

Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post

Poor boy?

I am not poor.

It was your attitude I was referring to, not your bank balance.

I make an honest living, unlike you.
    I am honest in my business activities.

Your work isn't art

That of course, is a matter of individual opinion.

Some people say that it is, some say that it isn't. The highest paid artist in the world at present has many critics who say that his works are not art.

, just like the knock offs you speak of. I know many artists. Some are musicians, some are painters, and some are just far out. None of them sell their work for half a mil.

Some artists do, some don't... what's your point exactly?

They don't do it for the money either. They create things that make them happy. They sell the work just so they can afford to live and create more. You are not an artist.
    You appear to be making the argument that having a high asking price precludes one from creating works which one enjoys, and that money is therefore the only motivation.

You are absolutely wrong in both cases.

I've done the hard yards and gone through hardship which I doubt if any of your artist friends would have been prepared to experience in order to continue their art. I'll continue to create boards as long as I can regardless of my financial situation, as I have in the past. If I make millions, I'll rejoice, if not, I'll still rejoice and will continue to design and build boards as I have in past decades.

Stuart, how about giving it a rest. Just go back to posting this same exact crapola on Swaylocks.....oh wait, you got banned from there...

Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post

The guy thinks people walk longboards to keep balance.
    'The guy' thinks nothing of the sort.

Board walking is part and parcel of unbalanced surfboard design, it was done initially to overcome poor design and is now celebrated as iconic.

Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post

Agreed: scammer.

Most certainly not.

No one is forced to buy my boards and the boards can be seen in the water and under construction, as can the varying opinions published about them.

Nothing is hidden, it's all up front.

Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post

Stuart, how about giving it a rest.
    I'll keep answering as long as members here are interested enough to keep posting on the thread, and I'm not 'spewing cr%p' I'm answering honestly.

We'll be going to Raglan tomorrow to slide a few on the 12'9" 'Makaha' so will hopefully have some video footage, I'm keen to let that long flat pintail with tunnel fin loose on some pointbreak walls.

The Makaha is 12'9" by 27" ( I've been making boards that wide for many years before the SUP revival) by only 2 inches thick... she's a flexible blade, weight 24 pounds ( from memory).

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy Stuart View Post
    Better handling and wave making ability is the short answer.

There are many design features which I use to achieve this, but we could start with one of the results i.e. the balanced central riding position and sweet spot which almost completely eliminate the need for inefficient board walking (which not only destroys the fore and aft balance but prevents efficient turning while in trim).
    Please go on.

Is this the only benefit your designs offer? Based on the evidence you've provided, the "balanced central riding position and sweet spot" is only achieved in the steepest part of the wave. Until you're in the pocket the board is sluggish and is actually pushing the water in the videos you've posted. Until you can prove it differently with something other than your opinion (which is all you've provided thus far), you're not making anything more than subjective statements that your toy is better than mine without backing it up is rather childish.

Please provide more factual, design based input on why and/or how you can claim that your "postmodern" surfboards are better than other surfboards that are being produced today. Your design is what is in question here please give us cause and effect type explanation of why you think your design works better.

Your price point is your own business. Your clientele is your own business. When you make broad statements that say your creations are better than anything out there I ask you to prove it.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy Stuart View Post
    I'll keep answering as long as members here are interested enough to keep posting on the thread, and I'm not 'spewing cr%p' I'm answering honestly.

Fair warning here folks. We opened this bag of worms.