LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 14 of 104 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemsonSurf View Post
    Please go on.

Based on the evidence you've provided, the "balanced central riding position and sweet spot" is only achieved in the steepest part of the wave. Until you're in the pocket the board is sluggish and is actually pushing the water in the videos you've posted.
    That's not the case,although it has to be pointed out that lower speeds ( which one sees on flatter sections) always move the stagnation line back behind the leading edge of the wetted surface area more than at higher speeds. This is true of all surfboards.

The longer designs have superb gliding ability and frequently I can ride unbroken swells when the Malibu and SUp crew cannot. Once in steeper sections the boards do very well also.

I have many different longboard designs so it would help if you referred to the specific board rather than 'the board'

Please provide more factual, design based input on why and/or how you can claim that your "postmodern" surfboards are better than other surfboards that are being produced today.
    I'm happy to get into the specific design features of my boards and what they do but have to point out that I have never said that that my boards are "better than other surfboards that are being produced today"

So you'll have to re frame your question.

When you make broad statements that say your creations are better than anything out there I ask you to prove it.
    The problem there is that I have never said that.

It's a 'straw man' argument.

Sweet... Please post some more pathetic surfing as soon as you have video evidence... The only thing I find more annoying than watching the helmet guy surf with zero style is your ridiculously obnoxious responses.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Stuart View Post
    We'll be going to Raglan tomorrow to slide a few on the 12'9" 'Makaha' so will hopefully have some video footage, I'm keen to let that long flat pintail with tunnel fin loose on some pointbreak walls.

The Makaha is 12'9" by 27" ( I've been making boards that wide for many years before the SUP revival) by only 2 inches thick... she's a flexible blade, weight 24 pounds ( from memory).

Quote Originally Posted by ClemsonSurf View Post
    Fair warning here folks. We opened this bag of worms.
    Quite so, and remember the old adage "no pain no gain".

Quote Originally Posted by nynj View Post

The only thing I find more annoying than watching the helmet guy surf with zero style is your ridiculously obnoxious responses.
    Thank you for the 'zero style' observation... style is a handicap which I have striven to eliminate.

Regarding 'obnoxious' responses: I have been subject to abuse on this thread but have responded politely and calmly... any perceived obnoxious behaviour is simply due to the pain of receiving ideas which your mindset tries to reject rather than due to the content itself... in other words look to yourself.

style is a handicap which I have striven to eliminate.
    Lol, good one!

Quote Originally Posted by Zippy View Post
    Lol, good one!
    I lol'd. Hard to comment on that.

It's the Vulcan mindset.

3621d9813c6eaee60359ee10633256c0.jpg

Fake roy you sound like a communist.

Quote Originally Posted by MFitz73 View Post
    Fake roy you sound like a communist.
    Far from it man Roy abhors totalitarianism in its both 'left' and 'right' forms.

This guy can give Roy some lessons.