Page 14 of 127 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast
    Sweet... Please post some more pathetic surfing as soon as you have video evidence... The only thing I find more annoying than watching the helmet guy surf with zero style is your ridiculously obnoxious responses.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Stuart View Post
    We'll be going to Raglan tomorrow to slide a few on the 12'9" 'Makaha' so will hopefully have some video footage, I'm keen to let that long flat pintail with tunnel fin loose on some pointbreak walls.

The Makaha is 12'9" by 27" ( I've been making boards that wide for many years before the SUP revival) by only 2 inches thick... she's a flexible blade, weight 24 pounds ( from memory).

Quote Originally Posted by ClemsonSurf View Post
    Fair warning here folks. We opened this bag of worms.
    Quite so, and remember the old adage "no pain no gain".

Quote Originally Posted by nynj View Post

The only thing I find more annoying than watching the helmet guy surf with zero style is your ridiculously obnoxious responses.
    Thank you for the 'zero style' observation... style is a handicap which I have striven to eliminate.

Regarding 'obnoxious' responses: I have been subject to abuse on this thread but have responded politely and calmly... any perceived obnoxious behaviour is simply due to the pain of receiving ideas which your mindset tries to reject rather than due to the content itself... in other words look to yourself.

Images
    style is a handicap which I have striven to eliminate.
    Lol, good one!

Quote Originally Posted by Zippy View Post
    Lol, good one!
    I lol'd. Hard to comment on that.

It's the Vulcan mindset.

3621d9813c6eaee60359ee10633256c0.jpg

Fake roy you sound like a communist.

Quote Originally Posted by MFitz73 View Post
    Fake roy you sound like a communist.
    Far from it man Roy abhors totalitarianism in its both 'left' and 'right' forms.

This guy can give Roy some lessons.

A performance review of a Stuart board from RR, ridden in moderate surf in Hawaii in 2008:

"For Hawaii, you don't need that much rocker. Maybe some nose lift to keep from pearling, but the extreme rocker didn't fit in the curve of the wave and just seemed to slow it down. While the soft rails in the nose are very forgiving, to extend it all the way to the tail makes if feel like an old '60's tanker. I would add some rovings and build up an edge in the tail so that you get some release off the tail. As of now, with the soft rolled rail in the tail, the water wraps over the rail and that combined with the extreme tail lift, just makes it slow down. There is simply no release in the tail. The fin as mentioned above is more area than necessary for the tail width and just tends to create additional drag. Template wise, I would of moved the wide point forward to allow more tail rail, which would of improved the "run" aspect of the board, as now with the curve in the back, it just cuts down what "turning" radius there is. The rocker is way too extreme and you could cut off two feet of nose and it would not hamper the performance of the board in any way. This particular board, as mentioned was fun to ride. The only problem is that I had to make it work. It didn't make it easy for me. I doubt I would want to take it out in anything much hollower than what I had it in, since as I mentioned above, there was no way I could get any drive off the bottom. On a big facy wave it would be fun, but the idea of taking this out to Pipeline would be a scary thought in my opinion."