LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 129 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post
    Western civ takes yet another hit to a new low....

"We have earlier told you about the world’s most advanced surfboard which was equipped with an accelerometer, gyroscope along with a GPS system. The latest surfboard that we are talking about is not that technologically advanced, but is the world’s most expensive surfboard. Crafted by Roy Stuart, this Baron surfboard costs $528,000."

I'm calling total BS here.

Where do you even start with this sort of crap? Another insane mutation from Madison Avenue? People with lots of money & no common sense? Some guy who's figured out how to tap into said idiots? The blaze orange jumpsuit & the freaky white cap might be the tipoff here folks?

Maybe Harvard needs to learn from this orangejoker, how to market a basic item as not only a necessity but a rarity to the wanna be clowns with trust funds.
    You should read more carefully, the article is talking about two different boards, the first one of which ( with accelerometer etc) has nothing to do with mine. The only information in the quote regarding my board is the price, and price is not a design issue thus it is not the topic of this thread. Please keep to the topic. Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by Zippy View Post
    $475 thousand? This has to be a joke.
    That's not the price, the price is $528k

Quote Originally Posted by MFitz73 View Post
    the videos I have seen of this board being surfed look like the board is totally out of control and not anything that anyone would want in a surfboard.... seems like this is a joke... and if not.. I really feel bad for anyone foolish enough to buy one of these things.
    Which board are you referring to? All of them have excellent control.

Here's the Makaha 12-9 being surfed and it shows this very well.

http://youtu.be/OaDnvAftVoI

Quote Originally Posted by MFitz73 View Post
    the videos I have seen of this board being surfed look like the board is totally out of control and not anything that anyone would want in a surfboard.... seems like this is a joke... and if not.. I really feel bad for anyone foolish enough to buy one of these things.
    Which board are you referring to? All of them have excellent control.

Here's the Makaha 12-9 being surfed and it shows this very well.

http://youtu.be/OaDnvAftVoI

You'd be feeling sorry for yourself if you had to compete with these boards as they trump the other longboards in every functional respect.

Quote Originally Posted by cresto4 View Post
    I think Roy's philosophy of pure surfing is righteous, his boards are beautiful, and his quote about 'who plays a foam violin?' is classic. If there are rich fools out there who want to drop a half a mil on a board you can't turn, more power to him.
    Thanks, but all the evidence shows that the boards turn very well indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Stuart View Post
    You'd be feeling sorry for yourself if you had to compete with these boards as they trump the other longboards in every functional respect.
    ...except noseriding (or any forward trimming at all), which is the only reason I'm interested in longboards, and which scores highly in competition.

So if we're gonna stick to the topic of board design and performance, let's talk about it in all honesty and reality.
    Last edited by LBCrew; Feb 4, 2013 at 02:57 AM.

I remember an article in surfing about that Baron and the other most expensive boards in the world (museum pieces mostly). I recall them commenting on the $520,000+ price tag and how not one had been sold. Is that still the case? If so seems you value your creations way more than a surfer does.

Quote Originally Posted by LBCrew View Post
    ...except noseriding (or any forward trimming at all), which is the only reason I'm interested in longboards, and which scores highly in competition.

So if we're gonna stick to the topic of board design and performance, let's talk about it in all honesty and reality.
    Noseriding and point scoring are not functional aspects of longboarding. Noseriding is inefficient and it has a detrimental affect on surfboard design.

My boards are designed to ride waves efficiently without reference to competition based handicap rules or requirements.

Your post also implies that I'm responding dishonestly, I suggest that you desist from such comments and stick to the design aspect.

Images
    Isn't noseriding a way to demonstrate mastery on a longboard?
    Last edited by seldom seen; Feb 4, 2013 at 03:58 AM. Reason: trying to avoid internet squabbles

Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    Isn't noseriding a way to demonstrate mastery on a longboard?
    x2.

Watching the great nose-riding, board-walkin' artists is watching sport & art at a peak performance level that takes years to become expert at.