LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 27 of 129 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777127 ... LastLast
    Images
    Roy,

Does it at least come with a leash? Is this Nigerian money? Whats a quarter size ding repair cost? $20,000.00? 500k and you can't go from 0-60 in under 4 seconds, AND you can't noseride? If you sell at least one you can buy that dream house on Mars.

You smoke crack. Good luck.

It's not insulting. You are stupid for feeling that way.
    You get a wood board that is the best... Because I say so.
    You did not read the thread because you are not intelligent.
    I work on a wealth redistribution program. I sell to the super rich and make them the best surfers in the world.
    And if you can walk a longboard you're a kook. Go straight. It's the coolest.

That cover it Roy?

Quote Originally Posted by bubonicphoniks View Post
    Roy, that's too much money to ask for for a surf board. It is insulting that you even post those ridiculous prices and I am appalled. Forgive me for not reading through the entire thread but what exactly would one get for that sum of money, what makes the boards so expensive, and how many have you sold?

Quote Originally Posted by Willis55 View Post
    You cant charge hundreds of thousands of dollars for something i can make myself. This guy cant grasp the concept.
    sounds like you can't grasp the concept. anyone can charge anything they want for anything. price and value are not the same thing (and value does not equal cost of production). think about a painting that costs a million dollars that "does nothing" and only cost a few bucks to produce. who's to say what a millionaire wants and is willing to pay for?

Quote Originally Posted by cresto4 View Post
    sounds like you can't grasp the concept. anyone can charge anything they want for anything. price and value are not the same thing (and value does not equal cost of production). think about a painting that costs a million dollars that "does nothing" and only cost a few bucks to produce. who's to say what a millionaire wants and is willing to pay for?
    that is an incredible gereralization of the way our freemarket system works. While yes a hack like roy can charge whatever he wants for a wooden surfboard that does not do anything but float, the other side of the freemarket system is that a buyer will only be willing to pay what he thinks the item is worth. In Roys case the surfboard is really only worth the material and a judgement on what the level of difficulty is in the labor.

that is the reason why EVERYONE thinks Roy is a crazy kook who can't be taken seriously. I believe he had done a world of harm to himself by continueing this thread.

Can we all just agree to not post on this thread so that is vanishes down the threat tree... just if everyone agree's to stop posting we'll be done with this ridiculous thread...

Yes, please end this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post
    Done arguing with the person that can't admit when he is wrong.
    I'm correct actually, and if you wish to show otherwise you'll have to do more than that... i.e. address the subject matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Willis55 View Post
    I mean with a few hand tools and a garage i could replicate what your doing. You cant charge hundreds of thousands of dollars for something i can make myself. Lets take cars for example. I cannot build a Ferrari in my garage. A Mclaren F1 is a million dollar car. Space age technology at your fingertips, 0-60 faster than you can blink, and the ***** you would get in the car is unreal. Thats what a millionaire wants for a million bucks, not a peice of wood that does nothing. This guy cant grasp the concept. Hes going to use fancy words to make it seem like his boards are groundbreaking. His boards are super fast though? The next time i get challenged to a surf race ill think of gool ol' roy
    I suggest that you look at the works by Damien Hirst who is the highest paid artist in the world, and see how his creations fit your materials plus labour paradigm.

Quote Originally Posted by DaMook View Post
    Roy,

Does it at least come with a leash? Is this Nigerian money? Whats a quarter size ding repair cost? $20,000.00? 500k and you can't go from 0-60 in under 4 seconds, AND you can't noseride? If you sell at least one you can buy that dream house on Mars.

You smoke crack. Good luck.
    FYI I do not smoke crack, nor do I drink alcohol or use drugs of any kind, prescription or otherwise.

Your comment is defamatory.

Quote Originally Posted by nynj View Post
    It's not insulting. You are stupid for feeling that way.
    You get a wood board that is the best... Because I say so.
    You did not read the thread because you are not intelligent.
    I work on a wealth redistribution program. I sell to the super rich and make them the best surfers in the world.
    And if you can walk a longboard you're a kook. Go straight. It's the coolest.

That cover it Roy?
    No, it's mostly your own ideas, not mine.

Quote Originally Posted by MFitz73 View Post

that is an incredible gereralization of the way our freemarket system works. While yes a hack like roy can charge whatever he wants for a wooden surfboard that does not do anything but float
    Clearly the boards do more than that.

, the other side of the freemarket system is that a buyer will only be willing to pay what he thinks the item is worth. In Roys case the surfboard is really only worth the material and a judgement on what the level of difficulty is in the labor.

We'll see about that.

that is the reason why EVERYONE thinks Roy is a crazy kook who can't be taken seriously. I believe he had done a world of harm to himself by continueing this thread.

More nonsense, it is demonstrably the case that many people do not think that. If you disagree please prove your case that 'EVERYONE' thinks it... you can't make it true by using upper case either ...

Can we all just agree to not post on this thread so that is vanishes down the threat tree... just if everyone agree's to stop posting we'll be done with this ridiculous thread...
    Good luck with that agenda... and agrees does not have an apostrophe.