LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 129 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post

Isn't noseriding a way to demonstrate mastery on a longboard?
    You are in some doubt about it?

Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post
    x2.

Watching the great nose-riding, board-walkin' artists is watching sport & art at a peak performance level that takes years to become expert at.
    To me it is just aimless incoherent flapping, a useless and arbitrary trick which makes me cringe every time I see it.

I'm thankful that most people are into it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Stuart View Post
    Noseriding and point scoring are not functional aspects of longboarding. Noseriding ... has a detrimental affect on surfboard design.

My boards are designed to ride waves efficiently without reference to competition based handicap rules or requirements.

Your post also implies that I'm responding dishonestly, I suggest that you desist from such comments and stick to the design aspect.
    Roy... you an I have VERY different ideas about where we want our boards to take us. Just as you have zero interest in "tricks," I have zero interest in your idea of "efficiency." That's a matter of personal preference, and not up for debate. And I'm not implying dishonesty... you made a statement about competition, and I assumed you meant competitive surfing... in which case you'd be wrong. Not necessarily dishonest... just wrong. But I guess we have different meanings for words like "compete," "functional," "detrimental effects on surfboard design." I guess you could say we even have different meanings for the word, "surfboard."

Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post
    x2.

Watching the great nose-riding, board-walkin' artists is watching sport & art at a peak performance level that takes years to become expert at.
    Exactly. Roy doesn't sound like any longboarder I know. Walking the board, noseriding, and big turns is about all you have with a longboard. It doesn't take any skill to just ride a wave with a LB.

To me it is just aimless incoherent flapping, a useless and arbitrary trick which makes me cringe every time I see it.
    Said no surfer ever.

ahem...

http://forum.surfermag.com/forum/sho...ge=1&fpart=all

sorry, this looks like and unseaworthy turd to me:

I think you all have been trolled, if you stop responding to him he'll disappear.

Roy
    Can I get a good deal on the Dragon model. I saw it's $1.3M on your site. My wife would freak if I spent more than $975K.

Thanks

Which board are you referring to? All of them have excellent control.

Here's the Makaha 12-9 being surfed and it shows this very well.

http://youtu.be/OaDnvAftVoI

You'd be feeling sorry for yourself if you had to compete with these boards as they trump the other longboards in every functional respect.

that board would be turned to splinters at pipe. I think I could easily out surf you... you on that joke and me on my long board... and I will take your legs out!! lol.

Quote Originally Posted by travy View Post
    ahem...

http://forum.surfermag.com/forum/sho...ge=1&fpart=all

sorry, this looks like and unseaworthy turd to me:
    I love his excuses. If I am paying that much for a board, it better be stable and easy to ride.